NBCUniversal News Group’s Journalists To Participate, Include: Andrea Mitchell, Kristen Welker, Brian Cheung, Craig Melvin, Sheinelle Jones, Isabel Sanchez, & Hallie Jackson
Also, Comcast NBCUniversal & NBCU News Group Executives: Rebecca Blumenstein, Rashida Jones, Janelle Rodriguez, Dalila Wilson-Scott, Craig Robinson, Beau Ferrari, Catherine Kim & More
Offered At No Cost, The Hybrid Event Will Feature Panels & Networking Opportunities Tailored For Student Journalists
Students and Media Professionals Can Sign-Up To Attend Here
October 10, 2023 – NBCU Academy, the award-winning education program of NBCUniversal News Group, has announced the lineup for its fourth “Next Level Summit: Know Your Audience” event, scheduled for October 19. For the first time ever, the event will include a live studio audience from NBC News’ Meet The Press studio in Washington, D.C.
During the all-day training program, offered at no cost, students will have the opportunity to engage with key Comcast NBCUniversal and NBCU News Group leadership and anchors, as well as attend keynote presentations, breakout panels, and career exposition sessions. These forums will cover a wide range of topics, including streaming, social media and diverse representation in news.
Students will also hear from legendary journalist Andrea Mitchell, NBC News Chief Washington Correspondent and Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent and Kristen Welker, Meet The Press moderator, for an in-depth conversation exploring Mitchell’s 45-year career in news.
“The Next Level Summit embodies our commitment to fostering an inclusive and representative future for journalism. This event is a testament to our unwavering commitment to ensuring that everyone, regardless of background, can contribute to the media landscape,” said Yvette Miley, Executive Vice President of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, NBCU News Group
Additional key program offerings include:
- Meet the Press‘ Kristen Welker moderates “The New Audience Landscape,” featuring Rebecca Blumenstein, NBC News President, Editorial; Rashida Jones, MSNBC President; Beau Ferrari, Telemundo Enterprises Chairman; and Dalila Wilson-Scott, EVP & Chief Diversity Officer, Comcast Corporation & President, Comcast NBCUniversal Foundation. Together, they will explore the intricacies of today’s fiercely competitive and ever-evolving media landscape.
- Hallie Jackson NOW’s Hallie Jackson moderates “Understanding Streaming & Digital Audiences” featuring Janelle Rodriguez, NBC News Programming EVP; Brian Henderson, Peacock Programming EVP; Catherine Kim, NBC News Editorial SVP; and Rebecca Kutler, MSNBC Content Strategy SVP. The panel will discuss NBCU News Group’s ascent to becoming the #1 source for streaming and digital news.
- TODAY’s Craig Melvin, Sheinelle Jones, and Dylan Dreyer will sit down for a fireside chat where they discuss what’s behind their chemistry, how they connect with viewers on new innovative platform and why audiences just can’t get enough of TODAY.
- Morning News NOW’s Savannah Sellers moderates “Meeting Social Media Audiences Where They Are” featuring Devan Joseph, NBC News Original Social Video Executive Producer, Travis Miller, NBC Sports Social Media Director, Emily Quinn, Peacock Partnerships & Business Development Manager, Lauren Begasse, MSNBC Brand Marketing Director.
- MSNBC and NBC News Correspondent Trymaine Lee moderates “Knowing Your Audience in Communities of Color,” featuring Gwyneth Gaul, Comcast Associate VP of Strategic Partnerships & Community Impact, Brandon Nicholson, The Hidden Genius Project Chief Executive Officer, Jessica Santana, America on Tech Chief Executive Officer, Joy Y. Wang, NBC News Senior Editorial Director
The event will bring together over 500 college students and media professionals attending in person, as well as virtual participants from across the country.
NBCU Academy is a free, award-winning education program for developing new skills and advancing careers in journalism, media and tech, partnering with 45 academic institutions across the US. NBCU Academy reflects Comcast NBCUniversal’s and NBCU News Group’s commitment to creating a sustainable pipeline of access and opportunity to people across all genders, races, geographic and socio-economic backgrounds and perspectives.
For more information, contact:
# # #
About NBCUniversal News Group
NBCUniversal News Group – comprised of NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC – is the #1 most-watched news organization in the U.S., reaching more Americans across linear television and digital than any other news organization in the world. Seven out of 10 U.S. adults access NBCU News Group content each month, averaging over 175 million people per month. NBC News’ leading and award-winning television news broadcasts include TODAY, NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, Meet the Press with Chuck Todd and Dateline NBC. MSNBC is the #2 network across all of cable delivering breaking news, award-winning content, in-depth analysis and informed perspectives. CNBC is the world’s #1 business news source providing real-time financial market coverage, news-making interviews with top CEOs and award-winning business journalism and personal finance content. Across digital, NBCU News Group is the #1 news organization in the U.S. with over 130 million monthly users. It includes the fastest-growing streaming news network in the U.S., NBC News NOW, offering viewers best-in-class reporting and breaking news from the country’s most-trusted journalists, as well as streaming networks TODAY All Day, Dateline 24/7 and MSNBC on Peacock. Additionally, the organization’s award-winning audio unit is a top five podcast publisher in the U.S. and NBC News’ Stay Tuned, a first-of-its-kind social newscast, is the premier destination for the Gen Z audience.