Lester Holt and Savannah Guthrie to Anchor NBC News’ Coverage from the Nation’s Capital; Plus, Special Editions of ‘Nightly News’ and ‘TODAY’ Live from Washington
Rachel Maddow, Joy Reid and Nicolle Wallace to Host MSNBC’s Special Primetime Coverage
Hallie Jackson and Tom Llamas to Anchor Coverage on NBC News NOW Ahead of the Address; Chuck Todd and Kristen Welker to Host Live Special Following the Speech
NBCNews.com, MSNBC.com and CNBC.com to Feature Special State of the Union Coverage
Plus, Julio Vaqueiro to Anchor Noticias Telemundo’s Coverage Live from Washington
Jan. 31, 2023 – NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC News NOW and Noticias Telemundo will feature live coverage and real-time analysis of President Joe Biden’s second State of the Union address and the Republican response on Tuesday, February 7. This will be President Biden’s first address to a divided Congress and Kevin McCarthy’s first State of the Union as Speaker of the House.
LESTER HOLT AND SAVANNAH GUTHRIE TO LEAD NBC NEWS SPECIAL COVERAGE STARTING AT 9 P.M. ET LIVE FROM WASHINGTON D.C.
- NBC Nightly News anchor Lester Holt and TODAY co-anchor and NBC News chief legal correspondent Savannah Guthrie will lead NBC News’ special coverage live from Washington, D.C. starting at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 7.
- Holt and Guthrie will be joined by NBC News political director and Meet the Press moderator Chuck Todd, NBC News chief White House correspondent Kristen Welker, NBC News chief foreign affairs correspondent and chief Washington correspondent Andrea Mitchell, and NBC News senior Washington correspondent Hallie Jackson.
- Ahead of the address on Tuesday, Holt will anchor a special edition of NBC Nightly News live from Washington, D.C. The next morning, on Wednesday, February 8, Guthrie will anchor TODAYfrom the Nation’s Capital.
- NBC News and MSNBC correspondents, reporters, and contributors will join the special coverage across the networks and provide the latest reporting and analysis, including NBC News senior Capitol Hill correspondent Garrett Haake from the House Chamber, NBC News chief White House correspondent Peter Alexander from the White House, NBC News White House correspondents Monica Alba and Mike Memoli, NBC News chief foreign correspondent Richard Engel from Ukraine, NBC News senior national correspondent Tom Llamas, CNBC anchor Andrew Ross Sorkin, NBC News justice and intelligence correspondent Ken Dilanian, and presidential historian Michael Beschloss.
- Plus, NBC News correspondents will be dispatched across key states speaking directly with voters on the state of the union and issues impacting them, including Shaquille Brewster in Wisconsin, Dasha Burns in Pennsylvania and Antonia Hylton in Tennessee.
NBC NEWS NOW TO STREAM SPECIAL COVERAGE FROM 8 P.M. – 12 A.M. ET, ANCHORED BY TOM LLAMAS, HALLIE JACKSON, CHUCK TODD & KRISTEN WELKER
- Beginning at 8 p.m. ET, NBC News NOW anchors Tom Llamas and Hallie Jackson will host pre-speech special coverage live from Washington, D.C. on Tuesday, February 7.
- NBC News NOW will simulcast NBC News’ network coverage of the address, anchored by NBC Nightly News anchor Lester Holt and TODAY co-anchor and NBC News chief legal correspondent Savannah Guthrie at 9 p.m. ET.
- Following the speech, Meet the Press moderator Chuck Todd and NBC News chief White House correspondent Kristen Welker will anchor live special coverage and analysis, beginning at 11 p.m. ET.
MSNBC PRIMETIME COVERAGE BEGINS AT 8 P.M. ET, HOSTED BY RACHEL MADDOW, JOY REID AND NICOLLE WALLACE
- Throughout the week, MSNBC hosts will turn to The Insiders, a panel of experts who will provide analysis and preview President Biden’s address and the Republican response. The panel includes MSNBC host and former White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki, former chief spokesperson and senior advisor to Vice President Harris and MSNBC host Symone Sanders-Townsend and former RNC chairman Michael Steele.
- On Monday, February 6 at 11 p.m. ET, Stephanie Ruhle will anchor a special edition of The 11th Hour looking ahead to President Biden’s State of the Union address and the Republican response. She will be joined by a roundtable of guests including The Insiders – Symone Sanders-Townsend, Michael Steele and Jen Psaki – and more.
- On Tuesday, February 7, co-hosts Joe Scarborough, Mika Brzezinski and Willie Geist will kick off special coverage of President Biden’s State of the Union Address on Morning Joe at 6 a.m. ET. Scarborough, Brzezinski and Geist will continue live coverage from Washington, D.C. with reaction and analysis from top political reporters and newsmakers All on Wednesday, February 8.
- Live coverage from the nation’s capital will continue throughout the day on MSNBC Reports anchored by José Díaz-Balart, Andrea Mitchell, Chris Jansing, Katy Tur and Hallie Jackson.
- At 7 p.m. ET, Joy Reid hosts a special edition of The ReidOut featuring The Insiders.
- At 8 p.m. ET, Rachel Maddow, Joy Reid and Nicolle Wallace will lead special coverage and will be joined by Ari Melber, Chris Hayes, Alex Wagner, Lawrence O’Donnell and Stephanie Ruhle.
- The 11th Hour’s Stephanie Ruhle and Velshi host and senior MSNBC correspondent Ali Velshi will pick up continuing coverage at 12 a.m. ET.
- NBC News and MSNBC national political correspondent Steve Kornacki will be at the Big Board throughout the day to break down President Biden’s polling trajectory as we head into his second State of the Union address.
- MSNBC host of The Sunday Show and Washington Post associate editor Jonathan Capehart will join the special coverage throughout the day to provide inside political analysis.
- On Tuesday, February 7,the MSNBC Hub on Peacock will simulcast MSNBC’s special coverage from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. ET.
- On Friday, February 3, Jen Psaki will anchor a Peacock special featuring a roundtable of presidential speechwriters to preview President Biden’s State of the Union address.
- On Wednesday, February 8, Psaki will anchor a Peacock special featuring expert analysis and reporting from The Insiders following the State of the Union address and the Republican response.
- MSNBC.com will launch a robust live blog for President Biden’s address and Republican response, featuring MSNBC anchors, familiar columnists and outside experts. The blog will also include guest posts from The Insiders panel throughout the day.
NBCNEWS.COM TO FEATURE STATE OF THE UNION LIVE BLOG AND LIVE STREAM
- NBC News Digital’s special coverage of President Biden’s address before, during and after the event will be led by senior White House reporter Peter Nicholas, senior congressional reporter Scott Wong, senior national political reporter Sahil Kapur and senior national political reporter Jonathan Allen.
- Joining them with up-to-the-minute updates and analysis on NBCNews.com is senior politics reporter Alex Seitz-Wald, senior policy reporter Shannon Pettypiece, political reporter Adam Edelman, political reporter Allan Smith, political reporter Rebecca Shabad and political reporter Zoë Richards. Coverage of the Republican response will be led by political reporter Allan Smith. Live fact-checking will be led by senior politics reporter Jane C. Timm.
- Senior editor for data visuals Nigel Chiwaya and data editor Joe Murphy will offer topic tracking in real-time, highlighting the key issues the president elevates in his remarks.
CNBC.COM TO FEATURE SPECIAL STATE OF THE UNION COVERAGE
- CNBC.com will live stream the State of the Union address and host a live blog, reporting on the latest news coming out of President Biden’s address. Ahead of the State of the Union, the CNBC.com Politics team will have articles previewing President Biden’s economic plans as well as a look at the challenges for his next two years in office with Republicans in control of the U.S. House.
PLUS, JULIO VAQUEIRO TO LEAD NOTICIAS TELEMUNDO’S SPECIAL STATE OF THE UNION COVERAGE STARTING AT 6:30 P.M. ET
- Julio Vaqueiro will lead Noticias Telemundo’s coverage live from Washington. Vaqueiro will anchor a special edition of the network’s 6:30 p.m. ET newscast and a 9:00 p.m. ET primetime news special featuring reporting and analysis from senior Washington correspondent Cristina Londoño, Washington correspondent Javier Vega and anchor Arantxa Loizaga. They will be joined by a panel of experts to analyze the president’s speech and the Republican response. The coverage will include fact checks by Noticias Telemundo’s T-Verifica and will also stream on Noticias Telemundo’s digital platforms including NoticiasTelemundo.com, Noticias Telemundo’s mobile app, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
# # #
For more information, contact: