TODAY Tops GMA in Key A25-54 Demo For Three Consecutive Months
TODAY Doubles Demo Lead Over GMA Versus Prior Month
TODAY Grows Across the Board Week Over Week
TODAY Is #1 in Key Demo Season to Date for 8th Straight Year
NEW YORK – January 31, 2023 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show in the key demo for January 2023, marking the third straight month it has topped GMA.. Versus the prior month, TODAY doubled it demo lead over GMA and was the only morning program to increase its viewership in the key demo.
Last week, TODAY grew across the board in total viewers, A25-54 and A18-49. TODAY also narrowed the total viewer gap with GMA by 41%.
Season to date, TODAY is the top-rated morning show in the key demo A25-54 for eight years straight and number-one in A18-49 for ten years straight.
TODAY averaged 771,000 A25-54 viewers, beating Good Morning America by +18,000 (+2%) and leading CBS Mornings by +253,000 (+49%)
- TODAY has been the #1 morning show for 3 consecutive months (since November 2022)
- TODAY’s advantage over CBS is the largest seen in 9 months (since April 2022)
- Versus prior month, TODAY was the only program to increase its demo viewership (+2,000, or +0.3%), doubled its lead over GMA (+18,000 vs. +9,000 in December), and improved its advantage over CBS by 9% (+253,000 vs. +232,000 in December).
TODAY averaged 553,000 A18-49 viewers, beating GMA by +32,000 (+6%) and leading CBS by +203,000 (+58%)
- Versus prior month, TODAY increased its A18-49 viewership by +5,000 (+1%) while improving its advantages over both GMA (3% higher) and CBS (16% higher).
TODAY averaged 2.923 million total viewers, leading CBS by +507,000 (+21%)
TODAY Digital averaged 48 million monthly unique visitors in 2022 and ended the year with its strongest month since early 2021.
- TODAY in 2022 ranked as the third largest individual publisher among leading lifestyle and entertainment brands.
- TODAY published more content in 2022 than any other year on record, up +12% versus 2021.
- In 2022 to-date, TODAY Digital also ranked among the top three leading lifestyle and entertainment brands across key video metrics.
WEEK OF 1/23/2023
TODAY averaged 763,000 A25-54 viewers, leading CBS Mornings by +216,000 (+39%)
- TODAY has
- Week-over-week, TODAY increased its A25-54 viewership by +1% (+6,000).
TODAY averaged 561,000 A18-49 viewers, beating GMA by +34,000 (+7%) and leading CBS by +182,000 (+48%)
- TODAY increased its A18-49 viewership by +7% (+34,000) week-over-week.
- Versus the same week last season, TODAY improved its A18-49 viewership advantage vs. GMA by 42% (+34,000 vs. +24,000 prior year) and vs. CBS by 2% (+182,000 vs. +178,000 prior year)
TODAY averaged 2.962 million total viewers, leading CBS by +485,000 (+20%)
- TODAY has beaten CBS for 1,589 consecutive weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- TODAY’s total viewer gap with GMA is the most narrow seen in 9 weeks (since 11/21/22)
- Week-over-week, TODAY reduced its total viewership gap vs. GMA by 41% (-303,000 vs. -514,000 prior week)
TODAY Digital reached 15.1M unique visitors (11% WoW, 7% YoY)
- The brand drove 28M video views across on and off net platforms (8% WoW, -10% YoY)
2022-23 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/19/2022-1/29/2023)
TODAY ranks #1 in A25-54 at this point of the season for the 8th consecutive year and in A18-49 for the 10th consecutive year