November 5, 2022 — Meet the Press, the longest-running show on television, celebrates its 75th anniversary on Sunday, November 6. Throughout the weekend and during the month of November, NBC News and Meet the Press will mark the milestone with a vast array of original and archival programming across digital, social media, broadcast, and streaming.
Programming includes a brand-new interactive website, launching today and showcasing the 75 best moments in Meet the Press history. NBC News NOW streams a Meet the Press marathon Saturday and Sunday, featuring nine rarely seen full episodes that have been restored for viewers for the first time. The marathon also features an original special, “Best of MTP 75,” moderated by Chuck Todd and reflecting on the show’s legacy and responsibility with an all-star group of panelists.
See below for the full slate of anniversary programming:
- A Meet the Press marathon streams on NBC News NOW on Saturday and Sunday, featuring archival footage of the show’s groundbreaking interviews and nine rarely seen full episodes, including interviews with Robert F. Kennedy in 1960, Fidel Castro just months after the Cuban Revolution, and Prince Philip during his 1969 North American tour.
- Meet the Press takes over the NBC News YouTube channel, featuring historical shows, interviews, and “best of” moments
- NBC News NOW streams “Best of MTP 75,” a 30-minute special broadcast airing on NBC News NOW throughout the weekend and featuring a panel discussion with Yamiche Alcindor, Michael Beschloss, Betsy Fischer Martin, and George Will, moderated by Chuck Todd.
- Meet the Press launches an original interactive website showcasing the 75 best moments in Meet the Press history
- Four archival podcast specials run throughout the month of November reflecting on major themes and moments in Meet the Press history
- A new essay from Meet the Press Moderator and NBC News Political Director Chuck Todd publishes Sunday on the meaning of being the moderator of the longest-running show on television
The 75th anniversary special edition of Meet the Press airs Sunday morning on NBC. Ahead of the 2022 midterm elections, the broadcast will feature interviews with National Republican Senatorial Committee Chair Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.) and Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chair Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney (D-N.Y). Full listings are available here.
The weekend streaming marathon airs on NBC News NOW, which is available on Peacock, Fubo, Pluto TV, Samsung TV Plus, The Roku Channel, Tubi, Xumo, YouTube, YouTube TV and NBC News’ apps on Roku, Fire TV and Apple TV.
For more information, contact: