TODAY Wins 320 out of 325 Weeks in A25-54
TODAY Tops GMA in Total Viewers Monday
TODAY Posts Closest Total Viewer Gap with GMA in 3 Years
NEW YORK – November 23, 2021 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping ABC’s “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54. The win marks 320 out of the last 325 weeks in first place. TODAY also won in total viewers last Monday.
Season to date, TODAY is posting its closest total viewer gap with GMA in three years. TODAY has been number-one in the key demo for seven years straight, and its A18-49 percentage lead over GMA is its largest in 10 years, season to date.
TODAY Digital reached 11.5 million unique visitors last week.
- TODAY ranked #1 in A25-54 (320 of the last 325 weeks)
- TODAY led GMA in total viewers on Monday (+52,000)
- Season-to-date, TODAY is the #1 ranked morning show in A25-54 and A18-49 viewers for the seventh year in a row
- TODAY is seeing its closest total viewer gap vs. GMA in three years (23% closer than last season)
- On a percentage basis, TODAY’s A18-49 season-to-date lead vs. GMA is the largest in 10 years
TODAY averaged 870,000 A25-54 viewers, outperforming GMA by +65,000 (+8%) and CBS Mornings by +317,000 (+57%)
TODAY averaged 642,000 A18-49 viewers, leading GMA by +86,000 (+16%) and CBS by +257,000 (+67%)
TODAY averaged 3.260 million total viewers, +646,000 (+25%) higher than CBS
- TODAY was the #1 morning show in total viewers on Monday
TODAY reached 11.5M unique visitors last week
- TODAY delivered 29M video views across on and off network platforms
- TODAY All Day saw 200K hours viewed, one of its top five weeks on record (4% WoW)
- TODAY podcasts delivered 356K downloads, one of its top three weeks on record ( 23% vs. prior 13-week avg.)
- TODAY newsletters garnered 249K visits (22% vs.13-week average)
- These newsletters had an average click-thru rate of 10% and an open rate of 39%
2021-22 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/20/2021-11/21/2021)
TODAY has ranked #1 in A25-54 and A18-49 at this point of the season for seven consecutive years
On a percentage basis, TODAY’s A18-49 advantage over GMA (21.7%) is at its highest level in 10 seasons