Two-Week Series ‘Race to Deliver’ to Air Across ‘TODAY’, ‘NBC Nightly News’, MSNBC, NBCNews.com & NBC News NOW
November 22, 2021 – For the next two weeks, NBC News and MSNBC will air a special series featuring in-depth and exclusive reporting on what consumers need to know about the supply chain crisis ahead of the holidays. Race to Deliver will air across TODAY, NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, MSNBC, NBCNews.com and NBC News NOW.
The series will examine a wide range of angles, including a special NBC News Digital feature looking at the seven key items at the center of the supply chain crisis. The two-week programming will also explore how companies are instituting creative ways to combat labor shortages, how small businesses are preparing for the holidays, the rising prices of groceries and new solutions to help with the growing concerns of food insecurity in the United States.
Throughout Race to Deliver, NBC News and MSNBC will also feature interviews with CEOs of major companies, including UPS and Kohls, on how they plan on handling supply chain issues this season. Additionally, NBC News investigative and consumer Vicky Nguyen will go behind the scenes at Walmart for an inside look at new technology the company is using to help customers.
Some of the other key programming highlights include:
- This morning, NBC News senior business correspondent Stephanie Ruhle spoke to Walmart’s CEO on TODAY, with the exclusive interview also airing throughout the day on MSNBC and later this evening on NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt.
- On Tuesday, Nov. 23, NBC News business and technology correspondent Jo Ling Kent will report for NBC Nightly News, MSNBC and NBC News NOW on the supply chain hold ups, including how they may affect items expected ahead of the holidays.
- NBCNews.com will publish a special feature Tuesday, Nov. 23, on the seven items that are causing the biggest supply chain problems facing consumers. The feature will also include a map highlighting the backlogs at international ports across the world.
- On NBC Nightly News Friday, Nov. 26, Kent will also have an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Best Buy’s new fulfilment centers that the company hopes will combat the labor shortage.
- NBC News correspondent Jacob Soboroff will tour the epicenter of the U.S. railways, where over 20,000 containers are transported everyday. The report will air on NBC Nightly News on Wednesday, Dec. 1.
- On Thursday, Dec. 2 during NBC Nightly News, NBC News correspondent Tom Costello will exclusively go inside Amazon’s air hub that hopes to speed up deliveries by cutting out the need for additional carriers.
- NBCNews.com and NBC News NOW will report on how backlogs in the supply chain have left Native Americans facing food insecurity at four times the rate of other Americans.
For More Information:
NBC NEWS AND MSNBC
More Americans watch NBC News and MSNBC than any news organization in the world. NBC News’ award
-winning television news broadcasts include TODAY, NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, Meet the Press with Chuck Todd and Dateline NBC. Additionally, NBC News produces Third Hour of TODAY, TODAY with Hoda and Jenna and Sunday TODAY with Willie Geist, as well as primetime specials and breaking news reports. NBC News also operates NBC News Studios, a new unit producing premium documentaries, docuseries, select scripted programming, and content for emerging platforms, and the NBC NewsChannel affiliate news service. MSNBC is the premier cable destination for breaking and live news coverage, in-depth analysis, and influential voices – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The rapidly-growing NBC News Digital Group, including its streaming news service NBC News NOW, along with the SiriusXM TODAY Show and MSNBC radio channels and NBC News Radio on the iHeartMedia 24/7 News Network, provides continuous content to consumers wherever they are, whenever they want it. NBC News and MSNBC are part of the NBCUniversal News Group, a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation. For more information about NBCUniversal, please visit www.NBCUniversal.com.