Special Edition of Meet the Press with Kristen Welker to air live from Des Moines this Sunday
NBC News NOW to feature 4 hours of special coverage on Caucus Night
Nearly three dozen correspondents, embeds, reporters, and producers report live from Iowa throughout the weekend
NBCNews.com to feature caucus results, delegate tracker, and live coverage and analysis throughout the day
January 11, 2023 — NBC News will continue its year-long investment in reporting on the first-in-the-nation caucus this week as candidates make their final pitches to voters ahead of Monday’s Iowa Caucus. Coverage will include broadcast and streaming specials, in-depth reporting from throughout the state, and leading coverage on NBCNews.com as the Hawkeye State marks the formal start of the 2024 election cycle.
Special coverage begins Sunday, with a special edition of Meet the Press with Kristen Welker live from Des Moines ahead of Monday’s caucus. Welker will be joined on set by NBC News Chief Political Analyst Chuck Todd along with panelists Brianne Pfannenstiel of The Des Moines Register, former Chief of Staff to Vice President Mike Pence Marc Short, Democratic pollster Cornell Belcher, and NBC News Senior Capitol Hill Correspondent Garrett Haake.
Welker returns to New York to join Lester Holt for NBC News Special Reports throughout Monday evening as results come in from Iowa.
Tom Llamas will anchor special programming on NBC News NOW from 7–10 p.m. on Caucus Night. Hallie Jackson will report live from Iowa alongside live interviews, new reporting from the team on the ground, and key observations on the evening’s results and the potential impact on the future of the race. Kristen Welker will pick up special coverage on NBC News NOW from 10–11 p.m.
NBCNews.com’s daily 2024 liveblog will run throughout the final weekend ahead of the caucus and serve as the go-to resource for analysis, scoops, and news from the entire NBC News 2024 team. The platform will also feature in-depth caucus results pages and a delegate tracker for the 2024 primary as the road to the conventions begins.
NEARLY THREE DOZEN JOURNALISTS TO REPORT LIVE FROM IOWA THROUGH CAUCUS NIGHT
Nearly three dozen correspondents, producers, reporters, and campaign embed reporters will be on the ground in Iowa for NBC News this week.
- NBC News correspondents Garrett Haake, Dasha Burns, Vaughn Hillyard, Ali Vitali, Maura Barrett, and Priscilla Thompson have been reporting from Iowa all week and will be on the ground through Caucus Day offering live reporting from candidate events, caucus locations, and more.
- Hallie Jackson will be live from Iowa for NBC Nightly News, TODAY, and NBC News NOW special coverage.
- Campaign embed reporters Jillian Frankel, Alex Tabet, Alex Hernandez, Sarah Dean, Katherine Koretski, Greg Hyatt, Nnamdi Egwuonwu, and Jake Traylor will also contribute live coverage from Iowa.
- NBC News Digital reporters Jon Allen, Natasha Korecki, and Henry Gomez will report from the state for NBCNews.com.
- NBC News Correspondent Jacob Soboroff will report live from inside caucus locations on Caucus Night for NBC News and MSNBC.
PLUS: CAUCUS REPORTING OPERATION EXPANDS ON NBC NEWS’ YEAR-LONG INVESTMENT IN THE HAWKEYE STATE
NBC News began reporting from Iowa as early as last winter, demonstrating early investment in the first-in-the-nation caucus state.
- Last June, NBC News assigned an embed reporter to exclusively cover the state – in addition to those assigned to follow specific candidates – providing constant eyes and ears on the ground for the network and its audiences in the lead-up to the caucus.
- NBC News has served as the national poll partner this cycle for The Des Moines Register’s historic Iowa Poll, conducted by pollster J. Ann Selzer, providing key data points to inform and supplement the network’s on-the-ground reporting.
- Last week’s “Closing Arguments: Iowa,” a series of sit-down interviews with three of the leading Republican candidates in the Register newsroom, offered an in-depth look at the candidates’ final pitches to voters in the closing days before the caucus.
For more information, please contact: