Lester Holt and Kristen Welker to Moderate Republican Presidential Primary Debate Wed., Nov. 8 at 8 p.m. ET on NBC, NBC News NOW and NBCNews.com
Tom Llamas and Hallie Jackson to Anchor Pre-Debate Special on NBC News NOW at 7 p.m. ET and Post-Debate Special on NBC and NBC News NOW
Welker to Moderate ‘Meet the Press’ and Holt to Anchor ‘NBC Nightly News’ Live from Miami, Craig Melvin to Report for ‘TODAY’
Plus – More Than 20 NBC News Anchors, Correspondents, Reporters and Embeds Report from Miami and Across the U.S.
Nov. 1, 2023 – NBC News will feature special on-the-ground coverage live from Miami for the Republican presidential primary debate on Wednesday, Nov. 8.
NBC Nightly News Anchor Lester Holt and Meet the Press Moderator Kristen Welker will serve as the moderators of the debate. They will be joined by Hugh Hewitt, host of The Hugh Hewitt Show on Salem Radio Network.
The debate, hosted by NBC News and sanctioned by the Republican National Committee, will air live from Miami, Fla. from 8 to 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, Nov. 8 on NBC. The debate will stream free and live on NBC News NOW, which can be found on NBCNews.com, Peacock and all major streaming platforms. It will also stream with real-time audio translations on NoticiasTelemundo.com, Noticias Telemundo’s X, Facebook and YouTube accounts and the Noticias Telemundo mobile app, and air live with real-time audio translations in Spanish on cable channel Universo. The debate will also be available on Sky News services around the world, including Sky News in English, Sky TG24, and through affiliates in the Middle East. In addition, it will be available in audio through TuneIn. The debate will also re-air on Telemundo at 12 a.m. ET and will be available on demand on Peacock.
SPECIAL COVERAGE LIVE FROM MIAMI ACROSS TODAY, NBC NIGHTLY NEWS AND MEET THE PRESS; POST-DEBATE SPECIAL TO AIR ON NBC AND NBC NEWS NOW
- On Sunday, Nov. 5, Kristen Welker will moderate a special edition of Meet the Press live from Miami. She will be joined for insight and analysis by The Cook Political Report’s Amy Walter, Democratic pollster Cornell Belcher, Republican strategist Sara Fagen and Noticias Telemundo’s Julio Vaqueiro. NBC News’ Steve Kornacki will join the broadcast to break down the latest NBC News/Des Moines Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll released this week.
- Lester Holt will anchor NBC Nightly News live from Miami on Monday, Nov. 6, Tuesday, Nov. 7 and Wednesday, Nov. 8.
- On the morning of the debate, News Anchor Craig Melvin will join TODAY live from Miami to preview the debate.
- Following the debate, NBC News NOW anchors Tom Llamas and Hallie Jackson will anchor post-debate special coverage and analysis from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. ET on NBC and NBC News NOW live from Miami. Llamas and Jackson will be joined by NBC News correspondents in Miami and across the country to discuss the key takeaways from the debate.
- NBC News anchors and correspondents will also be on the ground in Miami covering the latest updates and analysis leading up to and after the debate, including NBC News Senior Capitol Hill Correspondent Garrett Haake, NBC News Correspondents Dasha Burns, Vaughn Hillyard and Maura Barrett, among others.
- Plus, NBC News correspondents, including Shaq Brewster, will be watching the debate with early voters in Iowa and New Hampshire.
- NBC News campaign embeds will also contribute reporting from Miami and across the country, with Alec Hernandez, Katherine Koretski, Sarah Dean, and Nnamdi Egwuonwu covering the debate from Miami and Jake Traylor covering former President Donald Trump’s rally in Hialeah. Alex Tabet will help report takeaways from an Iowa focus group, Emma Barnett will cover a New Hampshire focus group, and Jillian Frankel will be on the ground in Ohio following the Nov. 7 general election there.
DEBATE TO STREAM ON NBC NEWS NOW; PLUS, PRE- AND POST-DEBATE SPECIALS ANCHORED BY TOM LLAMAS AND HALLIE JACKSON
- NBC News Senior Capitol Hill Correspondent Garrett Haake will anchor Meet the Press NOW live from Miami on Tuesday, Nov. 7 and Wednesday, Nov. 8 at 4 p.m. ET.
- Beginning at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, Nov. 8, NBC News NOW anchors Tom Llamas and Hallie Jackson will anchor a pre-debate special on NBC News NOW live from Miami.
- Following the debate, Llamas and Jackson will anchor post-debate special coverage and analysis from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. ET on NBC and NBC News NOW.
FULL DEBATE COVERAGE, ANALYSIS AND FACT CHECKS ACROSS NBCNEWS.COM
- NBCNews.com will live-blog the debate with minute-by-minute updates and analysis from Senior Politics Reporters Sahil Kapur and Alex Seitz-Wald and Politics Reporter Adam Edelman. Senior Politics Reporter Jane Timm will have real-time fact checks of major moments.
- Coverage will feature on-the-ground reporting from Senior National Politics Reporters Matt Dixon, Natasha Korecki and Jon Allen and Politics Reporter Allan Smith.
# # #