TODAY Tops GMA in A25-54 for 10 Consecutive Weeks, Its Best Streak in More Than a Year
TODAY Is the Only Morning Program to Grow in Key Demo Versus Prior Year
TODAY Is #1 in Key Demo Season to Date
NEW YORK – October 24, 2023 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping ABC’s “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54, its tenth consecutive week at number one. The win marks TODAY’s longest streak in more than a year. Additionally, TODAY was the only morning program to grow in the key demo versus the prior year.
Season to date, TODAY is the top-rated morning show in the key demo A25-54 and in A18-49 and has closed the total viewer gap with GMA by 20 percent.
KEY WEEKLY POINTS:
- #1 in A25-54 for the 10th consecutive week (TODAY’s longest weekly winning streak since April 2022) and 18th time in the last 24 weeks
- Versus prior year, TODAY was the only morning shows to increase its A25-54 viewership and widened its lead over GMA by over 1000%
- #1 in A18-49 for the 11th consecutive week and 27th time in the last 29 weeks
- TODAY more than doubles A18-49 lead over GMA vs. prior year
- Season-to-date through Week 4, TODAY ranks #1 in A25-54 and A18-49 and has closed the total viewer gap with GMA by 20%
TODAY averaged 708,000 A25-54 viewers, beating Good Morning America by +95,000 (+16%) and leading CBS Mornings by +239,000 (+51%)
- TODAY has been the #1 morning show in A25-54 for 10 consecutive weeks (18 of the last 24 weeks) and beaten CBS in the key demo for 1,627 weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- Week-over-week, TODAY increased its demo viewership by +2,000 (+0.3%)
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY was the only program up in A25-54 viewership (+4,000, up +1%), improved its advantage over GMA by 1,257% (+95,000 vs. +7,000 prior year) and widened its lead over CBS by 41% (+239,000 vs. +169,000 prior year)
TODAY averaged 510,000 A18-49 viewers, beating GMA by +96,000 (+23%) and leading CBS by +211,000 (+70%)
- TODAY ranked #1 in A18-49 for the 10th consecutive week (27 of the last 29 weeks) and has outperformed CBS for 1,627 consecutive weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY improved its A18-49 viewership advantage vs. GMA by 113% (+96,000 vs. +45,000 prior year) and vs. CBS by 56% (+211,000 vs. +135,000 prior year)
TODAY averaged 2.672 million total viewers, leading CBS by +430,000 (+19%)
- TODAY has beaten CBS for 1,627 consecutive weeks in total viewers (since 8/10/1992)
TODAY Digital reached 15.1M unique visitors last week.
- The brand drove 30M video views across on and off net platforms
2023-24 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/25/2023-10/22/2023)
TODAY is the #1 ranked morning show in A25-54 and A18-49 season-to-date