TODAY Tops GMA in Key A25-54 Demo For Month and Week
TODAY Posts Biggest Monthly Demo Lead Over GMA Since November 2022
TODAY Sees Biggest Growth Across the Board Month Over Month
TODAY Grows Demo Lead Over GMA Versus Prior Week
NEW YORK – September 26, 2023 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show in September topping ABC’s “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54. TODAY posted its biggest monthly demo lead over GMA since November 2022, and versus the prior month, it saw the biggest viewer growth across the board.
Last week, TODAY marked its sixth straight weekly demo win, its longest streak since June. Additionally, TODAY grew its demo lead over GMA versus the prior week.
KEY MONTHLY POINTS:
- In A25-54, TODAY ranked #1 for the 8th time of the last 11 months, posting its biggest monthly demo win over GMA since November 2022.
- TODAY has now ranked #1 in A18-49 for 13 consecutive months and 100 of the last 102 months (since April 2015)
- Vs. prior month, TODAY posted the biggest viewership growth among the morning shows across-the-board
- TODAY’s A25-54 lead over GMA was five times higher than in September 2022 (+61,000 vs. +12,000 prior year)
TODAY averaged 685,000 A25-54 viewers, leading GMA by +58,000 (+9%) and CBS by +220,000 (+47%)
- Vs. prior month, TODAY increased +10% (+61,000) vs. GMA -0.2% and CBS +4%
TODAY averaged 472,000 A18-49 viewers, beating GMA by +61,000 (+15%) and leading CBS by +168,000 (+55%)
- Vs. prior month, TODAY grew +9% (+37,000) vs. GMA +2% and CBS +7%
TODAY averaged 2.715 million total viewers, leading CBS by +480,000 (+21%)
- Vs. prior month, TODAY increased +4% (+96,000) vs. GMA -1% and CBS +0.2%
WEEK of 9/18/2023
KEY WEEKLY POINTS:
- TODAY ranked #1 in A25-54 for the sixth consecutive week, its longest weekly winning streak since June
- 14th weekly demo victory in the last 20 weeks.
- TODAY has beaten GMA head-to-head in A25-54 for 17 consecutive mornings (since 8/23/2023), its longest unbroken daily streak in the key demo since August 2021
- TODAY ranked #1 in A18-49 for the seventh consecutive week and 23rd time in the last 25 weeks
- Vs. prior year, TODAY more than doubled its A18-49 advantage over GMA
- TODAY improved its total viewer gap with GMA by 25% vs. both prior week and the same week last season
TODAY averaged 700,000 A25-54 viewers, beating GMA by +63,000 (+10%) and leading CBS by +241,000 (+53%)
- TODAY has been the #1 morning show in A25-54 for six consecutive weeks and ranked ahead of CBS for 1,623 straight weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- TODAY has ranked #1 for 17 consecutive rated broadcasts head-to-head vs. GMA, its longest unbroken daily winning streak since August 2021
TODAY averaged 470,000 A18-49 viewers, beating GMA by +57,000 (+14%) and leading CBS by +161,000 (+52%)
- TODAY ranked #1 in A18-49 for the 23rd time in the last 25 weeks and beaten CBS for 1,623 consecutive weeks (since 8/10/1992)
TODAY averaged 2.698 million total viewers, leading CBS by +477,000 (+21%)
- TODAY has beaten CBS for 1,623 consecutive weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- Week-over-week, TODAY reduced its total viewership gap vs. GMA by 25% (-253,000 vs. -339,000 prior week).
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY reduced its total viewership gap vs. GMA by 25% (-253,000 vs. -337,000 prior year) and improved its lead over CBS by 17% (+477,000 vs. +408,000 prior year)
TODAY Digital reached 12.3M unique visitors last week.
- The brand drove 20M video views across on and off net platforms