NBC Latino Features Special Reports & Multimedia Stories on the Latino Cultural Imprint
Extensive Coverage Across NBC News, NBC News NOW, CNBC, MSNBC & Noticias Telemundo
The Award-Winning NBCU Academy to Provide Resources on Hispanic Heritage
Sept. 15, 2023 – NBCUniversal News Group commemorates Hispanic Heritage with comprehensive reporting on issues and stories impacting the Hispanic community throughout the month and beyond – part of a year-round commitment to coverage. Cross-platform coverage will air across NBC News, NBC News NOW, CNBC, MSNBC and Noticias Telemundo, in addition to extensive reporting from NBC Latino, NBCNews.com’s dedicated vertical covering the Hispanic community.
NBC Latino to Publish Special Reports and Multimedia Features on Latinos’ Deep Imprint on the Cultural Landscape
- NBC Latino will cover border cities and their influence on the nation’s culture, culinary traditions and economy.
- NBC Latino is profiling the “no sabo kids,” young people who are changing the narrative on Spanish-language shaming and what being Latino means to them.
- Additional coverage includes an exploration into Latino foods that have become part of the American culinary scene and the impact of español on the English language.
CNBC Will Feature Special Coverage on Latino Contributions to the Arts, Business, Culture, Science and Sports
- CNBC’s Business Day programming will include interviews with notable Hispanic leaders, executives and investors that have made a significant impact in their industries.
- For CNBC’s “Working Lunch” segment on Power Lunch, CNBC’s Jon Fortt will profile Hispanic entrepreneurs throughout September.
- CNBC en Español will profile Hispanic CEOs and executives, as well as cover stories impacting the Hispanic community, including internship resources for Latinos and how to help Latinas succeed as entrepreneurs.
- CNBC.com will cover personal finance topics as they relate to Hispanic communities, the importance of the Spanish language in A.I. and an app that translates medical notes into Spanish.
- CNBC.com will translate Hispanic Heritage stories into Spanish for CNBC en Español.
NBC News NOW Will Feature Deep-Dive, Enterprise Coverage Across All Shows, Including Top Story’s “The Americas” Series
- Tom Llamas’ year-round, daily “The Americas” series on Top Story continues to cover stories focused on Latino issues in the U.S. and Latin American countries.
- Stay Tuned NOW anchor Gadi Schwartz and NBC News Daily anchor Morgan Radford will lead several reports airing on NBC News NOW, in addition to TODAY and NBC Nightly News.
NBC Nightly News, TODAY and Meet the Press Will Air In-Depth Stories Impacting the Hispanic Community
- NBC Nightly News will profile a Texas-based nonprofit, Latinitas, committed to teaching the next generation of children and teens coding, device design and entrepreneurship to encourage more Latinas in tech.
- On TODAY, Morgan Radford will highlight a group of young Latinos who are using TikTok to reclaim their status as “no sabo kids,” or Latinos who only speak English, after being made to feel guilty for not speaking their family’s native language.
- All four hours of TODAY will feature special TODAY Food segments celebrating Hispanic cuisine.
MSNBC to Feature “Battle for the Latino Vote: The 2024 Messaging Wars” From Paola Ramos
- Alex Wager Tonight and Noticias Telemundo will run a new “Field Report” series, hosted by Paola Ramos, on the “Battle For The Latino Vote: The 2024 Messaging Wars.” The series will look at the Spanish-language messaging machine, exposing new voices, trends and nuances that look to play a pivotal role in the upcoming 2024 presidential election.
- Morning Joe co-hosts Joe Scarborough, Mika Brzezinski and Willie Geist will highlight history makers and prominent figures who helped elevate Hispanic visibility in America.
Noticias Telemundo Will Highlight Special Coverage on Latino Contributions to the Arts, Business, Culture, Science and Sports
- Noticias Telemundo anchor Julio Vaqueiro will lead the coverage along with a team of anchors and correspondents profiling notable Latinos across the arts, business, culture, science and sports.
CNBC and Noticias Telemundo to Host Events Tied to Hispanic Heritage
- CNBC will host CNBC Equity & Opportunity: Exec Connect on October 9th in New York City. The event will bring together leaders focused on building a brighter future for the next generation of Hispanic and Latino executives, produced in partnership with the Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility (HACR).
- Noticias Telemundo, in partnership with Axios, is co-hosting the second annual Axios Latino Visionarios event celebrating the contributions of Latinos. This year’s event will be in Los Angeles and include deep-dive interviews with prominent Latino newsmakers across entertainment, policy and culture. It will stream live on Noticias Telemundo’s social platforms including Facebook and X.
NBCU Academy, NBCU News Group’s Award-Winning Education Program, Will Provide Resources Tied to Hispanic Heritage
- NBC Nightly News Saturday, MSNBC Reports and Noticias Telemundo anchor José Díaz-Balart covers the art of live translation and the importance of bilingual journalism.
- NBCU Academy’s Equity Lab will focus on indigenous journalists from Latin America and 2024 coverage in Spanish-speaking media.
- NBCU Academy will profile Telemundo 52, a Spanish-language local news station in Los Angeles as it covers issues important to Latino communities.
# # #
For more information, contact: