TODAY Tops GMA in A25-54 for 4 Consecutive Weeks
TODAY Posts Largest Demo Lead Over GMA in 15 Weeks and 11-Week High in Total Viewers
TODAY Narrows Total Viewer Gap with GMA Week Over Week
TODAY Is #1 in Key Demo Season to Date for 8th Straight Year
NEW YORK – September 12, 2023 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping ABC’s “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54. TODAY has won four consecutive weeks in the key demo and posted its biggest demo win in 15 weeks.
Last week, TODAY posted an 11-week high in total viewers and narrowed the total viewer gap with GMA versus the prior week.
Season to date, TODAY is the top-rated morning show in the key demo A25-54 for eight years straight and number-one in A18-49 for the 30th consecutive year.
Note: TODAY and CBS Mornings are based on 4-day averages (Tue-Fri) while GMA is based on a 2-day average (Wed-Thu). ABC’s ratings and titling for the week were impacted by Disney’s carriage dispute with Charter Communications (Spectrum).
- TODAY ranked #1 in A25-54 for the fourth consecutive week, posts biggest demo win over GMA in 15 weeks
- TODAY’s A25-54 viewership reached a 17-week high
- Versus prior week, TODAY increased its A25-54 advantage over GMA by 45%
- TODAY ranked #1 in A18-49 for the fifth consecutive week and 21st time in the last 23 weeks
- TODAY’s total viewership rose for the fourth week in a row, hitting a 11-week high (since 6/19/2023)
- Season-to-date through Week 51, TODAY ranks #1 in A25-54 for the 8th consecutive year and #1 in A18-49 for the 30th year in a row
TODAY averaged 682,000 A25-54 viewers, beating GMA by +64,000 (+10%) and leading CBS by +223,000 (+49%)
- TODAY has been the #1 morning show in A25-54 for four consecutive weeks and ranked ahead of CBS for 1,621 straight weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- A25-54 viewership for TODAY reached a 17-week high (best since 5/8/23)
- TODAY’s demo advantage over ABC is the largest seen in 15 weeks (since 5/22/23) and demo advantage over CBS is the largest seen in 22 weeks (since 4/3/23)
- Week-over-week, TODAY improved its A25-54 viewership advantage vs. GMA by 45% (+64,000 vs. +44,000 prior week) and improved its A25-54 viewership advantage vs. CBS by 49% (+223,000 vs. +150,000 prior week)
TODAY averaged 456,000 A18-49 viewers, beating GMA by +61,000 (+16%) and leading CBS by +178,000 (+64%)
- TODAY ranked #1 in A18-49 for the 21st time in the last 23 weeks and beaten CBS for 1,621 consecutive weeks (since 8/10/1992)
TODAY averaged 2.728 million total viewers, leading CBS by +573,000 (+27%)
- TODAY has beaten CBS for 1,621 consecutive weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- Total viewership for TODAY reached a 11-week high (best since 6/19/23)
TODAY Digital reached 10.9M unique visitors last week.
- The brand drove 25M video views across on and off net platforms
2022-23 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/19/2022-9/10/2023)
TODAY ranks #1 in A25-54 at this point of the season for the 8th consecutive year and in A18-49 for the 30th consecutive year