TODAY Tops GMA in A25-54 for Two Consecutive Weeks
TODAY Narrows Total Viewer Gap with GMA Week Over Week
TODAY Is the Only Morning Program To Grow Across the Board Year Over Year
TODAY Is #1 in Key Demo Season to Date for 8th Straight Year
NEW YORK – August 29, 2023 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping ABC’s “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54, marking its second consecutive week winning the key demo.
Last week, TODAY was the only morning program to grow across the board versus the prior year. Additionally, TODAY posted an 8-week high in total viewers and narrowed the total viewer gap with GMA versus the prior week.
Season to date, TODAY is the top-rated morning show in the key demo A25-54 for eight years straight and number-one in A18-49 for the 30th consecutive year.
TODAY is the only morning news show to see across-the-board viewership growth vs. the same week last year
- TODAY ranked #1 in A25-54 for the second week in a row
- TODAY posted its highest A25-54 viewership and largest advantage over CBS in 13 weeks (since week of 5/22/2023)
- TODAY ranked #1 in A18-49 for the third consecutive week and 19th time in the last 21 weeks
- TODAY had its highest A18-49 viewership in 14 weeks (best since 5/15/23) and its biggest lead over CBS in 12 weeks (since 5/29/2023)
- Season-to-date through Week 49, TODAY ranks #1 in A25-54 for the 8th consecutive year and #1 in A18-49 for the 30th year in a row
TODAY averaged 664,000 A25-54 viewers, beating GMA by +33,000 (+5%) and leading CBS by +210,000 (+46%)
- TODAY ranked #1 for the second consecutive week and has beaten CBS for 1,619 straight weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- TODAY’s A25-54 viewership and its demo lead over CBS both hit 13-week highs (since 5/22/2023)
- Week-over-week, TODAY increased its A25-54 viewership by +19,000 (up +3%) and increased its lead over CBS by 7% (+210,000 vs. +197,000 prior week)
- TODAY was the only morning show to increase its A25-54 delivery versus the same week last season (+33,000, up +5%). Versus prior year, TODAY reversed a demo loss to GMA (+33,000 vs. -53,000 prior year) and improved its lead over CBS by 74% (+210,000 vs. +121,000 prior year)
TODAY averaged 485,000 A18-49 viewers, beating GMA by +79,000 (+20%) and leading CBS by +195,000 (+67%)
- TODAY ranked #1 in A18-49 for the 19th time in the last 21 weeks and beaten CBS for 1,619 consecutive weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- A18-49 viewership for TODAY reached a 14-week high (best since 5/15/23) while its advantage over CBS is the largest seen in 12 weeks (since 5/29/23)
- Week-over-week, TODAY added +32,000 A18-49 viewers (up +7%) and improved its advantage vs. CBS by 23% (+195,000 vs. +158,000 prior week)
- TODAY was the only program to increase its A18-49 viewership vs. the same week last season (+47,000, up +11%).
TODAY averaged 2.672 million total viewers, leading CBS by +413,000 (+18%)
- TODAY has beaten CBS for 1,619 consecutive weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- Total viewership for TODAY reached a 8-week high (best since 6/26/23) while its gap vs. ABC is the closest seen in 6 weeks (since 7/10/23)
- TODAY’s total viewer gap with ABC is the most narrow seen in 5 weeks (since 7/10/23) and TODAY’s total viewer advantage over CBS is the largest seen in 8 weeks (since 6/19/23)
- Week-over-week, TODAY’s total viewership increased by +9,000 (+0.3%) and its gap vs. GMA improved by 24% (-301,000 vs. -396,000 prior week)
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY added +20,000 to its total viewership (up +1%) and widened its lead over CBS by 38% (+413,000 vs. +300,000 prior year)
TODAY Digital reached 10.8M unique visitors last week.
- The brand drove 24M video views across on and off net platforms
2022-23 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/19/2022-8/27/2023)
TODAY ranks #1 in A25-54 at this point of the season for the 8th consecutive year and in A18-49 for the 30th consecutive year