TODAY Tops GMA in Key A25-54 Demo
TODAY Narrows Total Viewer Gap with GMA Week Over Week and Year Over Year
TODAY Is #1 in Key Demo Season to Date for 8th Straight Year
NEW YORK – May 23, 2023 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping ABC’s “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54. Last week, TODAY narrowed the total viewer gap with GMA by versus both the prior week and year.
Season to date, TODAY is the top-rated morning show in the key demo A25-54 for eight years straight and number-one in A18-49 for ten years straight.
- TODAY ranked #1 in A25-54 for the second straight week and 5th time in the last 7 weeks
- TODAY has won 9 of the last 10 broadcast days in A25-54
- TODAY ranked #1 in A18-49 for the 34th time in the last 37 weeks
- TODAY more than doubled its A18-49 lead over GMA vs. the same week last season
- TODAY improved its P2+ gap vs. GMA by 6% vs. prior week and by 9% vs. same week last year
- Season-to-date through Week 35, TODAY ranks #1 in A25-54 for the 8th consecutive year and #1 in A18-49 for the 10th year in a row
TODAY averaged 665,000 A25-54 viewers, beating Good Morning America by +16,000 (+2%) and leading CBS Mornings by +196,000 (+42%)
- TODAY ranked #1 among A25-54 viewers for the 5th time in the last 7 weeks and beaten CBS in the demo for 1,605 consecutive weeks (every week since 8/10/1992)
- TODAY has won 9 of the last 10 broadcast days among A25-54 viewers
TODAY averaged 487,000 A18-49 viewers, beating GMA by +72,000 (+17%) and leading CBS by +176,000 (+57%)
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY more than doubled its A18-49 viewership advantage vs. GMA (+72,000 vs. +35,000 prior year, up 106%).
TODAY Digital had 12.1M unique visitors last week
- The brand drove 25M video views across on and off net platforms
TODAY averaged 2.718 million total viewers, leading CBS by +427,000 (+19%)
- TODAY has now outperformed CBS for 1,605 consecutive weeks in total viewers (every week since 8/10/1992)
- Week-over-week, TODAY reduced its total viewership gap vs. GMA by 6% (-308,000 vs. -328,000 prior week) and improved its total viewership advantage vs. CBS by 1% (+427,000 vs. +423,000 prior week)
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY reduced its total viewership gap vs. GMA by 9% (-308,000 vs. -339,000 prior year).
2022-23 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/19/2022-5/21/2023)TODAY ranks #1 in A25-54 at this point of the season for the 8thconsecutive year and in A18-49 for the 10th consecutive year