TODAY Wins 313 out of 318 Weeks in A25-54
TODAY Grows Key Demo Week Over Week
TODAY Narrows Total Viewer Gap with GMA Year Over Year
NEW YORK – October 5, 2021 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping ABC’s “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54. The win marks 313 out of the last 318 weeks in first place. TODAY grew in the key demo week over week and narrowed the total viewer gap with GMA versus the prior year. For seven years in a row, TODAY has been the winner in the key demo at this point in the season.
Additionally, TODAY Digital reached over 12.9 million unique visitors last week.
TODAY averaged 907,000 A25-54 viewers, leading GMA by +78,000 (+9%) and CBS Mornings by +368,000 (+68%)
- TODAY has ranked #1 among A25-54 viewers for 313 of the last 318 weeks
- Week-over-week, TODAY increased its demo audience by +1,000 A25-54 viewers.
TODAY averaged 659,000 A18-49 viewers, leading GMA by +104,000 (+19%) and CBS by +255,000 (+63%)
TODAY averaged 3.161 million total viewers, -139,000 (-4%) behind GMA and +626,000 (+25%) higher than CBS
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY’s total viewer gap versus GMA improved by 11% (-139,000 vs. -156,000 prior year).
TODAY reached 12.9M unique visitors last week (-4% WoW, -8% YoY)
- TODAY All Day delivered a record 185K hours viewed, its 2nd straight record week (5% WoW)
- TODAY podcasts had their 2nd strongest week on record with 309K downloads ( 58% vs. prior 13-week avg.), behind only last week’s record
- TODAY newsletters garnered 195K visits (-10% vs.13-week average)
- These newsletters had an average click-thru rate of 11% and an open rate of 25%
2021-22 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/20/2021-10/3/2021)
TODAY has been #1 in A25-54 and A18-49 at this point of the season for seven consecutive years
TODAY’s A25-54 advantage over GMA (+100,000) is up 69% from the same point last season (+59,000) and the highest level in three years
TODAY’s A18-49 lead over GMA (+119,000) is 21% better than the same point last season (+198,000) and the highest level in four years
TODAY trails GMA by -107,000 total viewers, a 31% improvement from last year (-154,000) and TODAY’s best gap to start to a season in four years
- TODAY leads CBS by +720,000 total viewers, 2% higher than the same point last season