PLUS – THE CHOICE TO STREAM SPECIAL COVERAGE OF THE DAY’S EVENTS FREE, EXCLUSIVELY ON PEACOCK
Jan. 13, 2021 – NBC News, MSNBC, NBC News Digital and Peacock’s free, exclusive channel The Choice will deliver full special coverage of the inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris on Wednesday, Jan. 20, anchored live from the nation’s capital and NBC News World Headquarters in New York.
Anchors and correspondents will be dispatched to key locations, reporting from Capitol Hill, the National Mall, the White House, across the country and around the world.
SPECIAL EDITION OF TODAY BEGINS AT 7 A.M. ET; LESTER HOLT, SAVANNAH GUTHRIE, CHUCK TODD AND ANDREA MITCHELL LEAD NBC NEWS SPECIAL COVERAGE STARTING AT 10 A.M. ET
- A special edition of TODAY will kick off NBC News’ inauguration coverage on Wednesday, Jan. 20 at 7 a.m. ET with co-anchors Savannah Guthrie and Hoda Kotb. TODAY with Hoda & Jenna co-host Jenna Bush Hager will sit down with President-Elect Joe Biden and Dr. Jill Biden’s grandchildren for an exclusive interview tied to the day’s events. The interview follows a network television first – a conversation with incoming First Daughter Ashley Biden and Bush Hager, airing on TODAY on Tuesday, Jan. 19. TODAY news anchor and 3rd Hour co-host Craig Melvin will be live from the nation’s capital with on-the-ground updates and reporting for TODAY and throughout the network’s day-long special coverage. Also in D.C., TODAY’s feature anchor and 3rd Hour co-host Al Roker will join TODAY’s and NBC News’ coverage of the day’s events, including the swearing-in of the nation’s first woman of color as Vice President of the United States.
- Starting at 10 a.m. ET and throughout the day, NBC Nightly News anchor Lester Holt and TODAY co-anchor and NBC News chief legal correspondent Savannah Guthrie will anchor from NBC News Headquarters in New York and Meet the Press moderator and NBC News political director Chuck Todd and NBC News chief foreign affairs correspondent and chief Washington correspondent Andrea Mitchell will anchor from Washington, D.C. Special coverage will also stream live on NBC News NOW.
- To top off a day of inaugural events, there will be an expanded special one-hour edition of NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt featuring NBC News correspondents from the White House, the nation’s capital and across America, along with analysis beginning at 6:30 p.m. ET/5:30 p.m. CT.
- Starting at 8 p.m. ET, Holt, Guthrie, Todd and Mitchell will return to anchor a special prime-time program joined by NBC News correspondents and special guests ahead of the inaugural program, “Celebrating America,” which will air on NBC at 8:30 p.m. ET.
NOTE: NBCU News Group will provide live audio description of the Special Report, describing for blind and visually impaired viewers the visuals of the day’s events, provided by Descriptive Video Works on the Secondary Audio Program channel (SAP) from 11 a.m. ET until approximately 2 p.m. ET.
MSNBC’S LIVE INAUGURATION DAY COVERAGE KICKS OFF AT 6 A.M. ET WITH MORNING JOE; BRIAN WILLIAMS AND RACHEL MADDOW ANCHOR THROUGHOUT THE DAY ALONG WITH NICOLLE WALLACE AND JOY REID BEGINNING AT 9 A.M. ET
- The morning of the inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, co-hosts Joe Scarborough, Mika Brzezinski and Willie Geist will kick off MSNBC’s coverage with a special edition of Morning Joe at 6 a.m. ET.
- Starting at 9 a.m. ET, The 11th Hour’s Brian Williams and The Rachel Maddow Show’s Rachel Maddow, along with Deadline: White House’s Nicolle Wallace and The ReidOut’s Joy Reid will lead special coverage and analysis throughout the afternoon with live reports from MSNBC and NBC News correspondents on the ground in Washington, D.C. as the world watches Joe Biden be sworn in as the 46th President of the United States.
- After the inauguration, All In’s Chris Hayes will pick up coverage from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. ET, followed by continued special prime-time programming on MSNBC helmed by Maddow and Reid joined by Lawrence O’Donnell, with a special edition of The 11th Hour with Brian Williams at 11 p.m. ET.
- MSNBC will offer live overnight post-inauguration coverage, beginning with Hayes at midnight. The Beat’s Ari Melber will anchor into the early morning hours starting at 2 a.m. ET.
- Leading up to the day when Biden and Harris take the oath of office, MSNBC will deliver ongoing coverage and the latest breaking news ahead of the inauguration.
- On Saturday, Jan. 16 at 10 p.m. ET, MSNBC will present a special airing of The Way I See It – an unprecedented look behind the scenes at two former presidents, Barack Obama and Ronald Reagan, as seen through the eyes of renowned photographer Pete Souza from Focus Features and MSNBC Films. The documentary will also be available to stream on Peacock.
- The Last Word’s Lawrence O’Donnell will host Transfer of Power on Sunday, Jan. 17 at 10 p.m. ET – a one-hour special looking ahead to the historic week of the swearing in of Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris.
- On the eve of the presidential inauguration, Reid will be joined by Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi for The Speaker: One-on-One, a primetime special on Tuesday, Jan. 19 at 10 p.m. ET to discuss the critical state of democracy.
- On Biden’s first full day in office, O’Donnell will host Inside the Biden Agenda, which will take a deep dive into the new administration’s prominent agenda items for the first 100 days, airing on Thursday, Jan. 21 at 10 p.m. ET.
MORE THAN 70 ANCHORS, REPORTERS AND CORRESPONDENTS REPORTING FOR NBC NEWS, MSNBC AND NBC NEWS DIGITAL
- NBC News and MSNBC correspondents and reporters will contribute to inauguration coverage from Capitol Hill, the White House, the National Mall and more including Al Roker, Kristen Welker, Peter Alexander, Hallie Jackson, Kelly O’Donnell, Geoff Bennett, Monica Alba, Kasie Hunt, Pete Williams, Ali Velshi, Yasmin Vossoughian, Steve Kornacki, Garrett Haake, Tom Costello, Mike Memoli, Carol Lee, Chris Jansing, Morgan Radford, Ellison Barber, Vaughn Hillyard, Shaquille Brewster, Gabe Gutierrez, Leigh Ann Caldwell, Gadi Schwartz, Ali Vitali, Trymaine Lee, Shannon Pettypiece, Sahil Kapur, Allan Smith and Lauren Egan. Plus, Richard Engel and Keir Simmons will join with updates on global reactions. Dasha Burns, Maura Barrett, Antonia Hylton, Catie Beck, Blayne Alexander, Jacob Ward, and Morgan Chesky will be reporting at State Capitols across the country.
NBC NEWS NOW TO STREAM LIVE SPECIAL COVERAGE BEGINNING AT 7 A.M. ET; NBC NEWS DIGITAL TO COVER INAUGURATION ACROSS ALL PLATFORMS
- NBC News NOW will stream special, live, wall-to-wall coverage beginning at 7 a.m. ET on Inauguration Day with Morning News NOW, anchored by Joe Fryer and Savannah Sellers and continuing with NBC News special coverage at 10 a.m. ET. Evening News NOW will be live with Alison Morris covering the news of the day and continue until 8 p.m. ET with additional special coverage from NBC News. NBC News NOW is available to stream live and on demand on Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service, as well as on The Roku Channel, YouTube TV, Fubo, Xumo, Pluto, Tubi and NBC News’ OTT apps on Roku, Fire TV and Apple TV. Viewers can also stream coverage live on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- NBCNews.com will host a live blog with contributions from political reporters Rebecca Shabad and Dartunorro Clark, Adam Edelman, Jane C. Timm and Alex Seitz-Wald. Jon Allen will provide additional analysis. NBC News diversity verticals will also contribute to the live blog, including Suzanne Gamboa and Nicole Acevedo from NBC Latino, Char Adams from NBCBLK and Kimmy Yam and Sakshi Venkatraman from NBC Asian America.
- NBC News’ Stay Tuned will continuously update its shows on Snapchat throughout the day. Savannah Sellers will host and will be joined by Gadi Schwartz, on the ground in Washington, DC.
- NBC News’ podcast Into America, hosted by Trymaine Lee, will publish a special episode on Thursday dedicated to Inauguration Day and recent events at the Capitol.
PLUS, STREAM THE CHOICE – A FREE, EXCLUSIVE CHANNEL ON PEACOCK – FOR SPECIAL INAUGURATION COVERAGE LED BY JOE SCARBOROUGH, MIKA BRZEZINSKI AND WILLIE GEIST
- On the day of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris’ inauguration, Stephanie Ruhle will open special streaming coverage on The Choice starting at 8 a.m. ET on Wednesday, Jan. 20.
- Starting at 10 a.m. ET, Morning Joe co-hosts Joe Scarborough, Mika Brzezinski and Willie Geist will anchor continuing inauguration coverage with the latest breaking news, insights and analysis.
- At 1 p.m. ET, MSNBC Live anchors Katy Tur and Ayman Mohyeldin will lead live coverage and analysis as the historic day continues.
- At 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. ET, Zerlina Maxwell and Mehdi Hasan will host Zerlina. and The Mehdi Hasan Show at their regular times, focused on the day’s events.
- The Week’s Joshua Johnson will continue special coverage from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. ET.
- Ahead of Inauguration Day, MSNBC Live anchor and NBC News Senior Business Correspondent Stephanie Ruhle will spearhead live coverage of Joe Biden’s arrival in Washington, D.C. and the Presidential Inauguration Committee’s national memorial to honor the victims of Covid-19 at the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool on Tuesday, Jan. 19, starting at 3 p.m. ET.
To stream, sign up for Peacock at peacocktv.com.
# # #