TODAY Tops GMA in A25-54, Posts Back-to-Back Weekly Wins
TODAY Digital Grows Week Over Week and Year Over Year
TODAY Is #1 in Key Demo Season to Date for 8th Straight Year
NEW YORK – April 18, 2023 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping ABC’s “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54, marking back-to-back weeks at number one.
Season to date, TODAY is the top-rated morning show in the key demo A25-54 for eight years straight and number-one in A18-49 for ten years straight.
TODAY Digital reached 13.2 million unique visitors last week, growing week over week and year over year.
TODAY averaged 683,000 A25-54 viewers, beating Good Morning America by +28,000 (+4%) and leading CBS Mornings by +210,000 (+44%)
- TODAY ranked #1 among A25-54 viewers and has beaten CBS in the demo for 1,600 consecutive weeks (every week since 8/10/1992)
TODAY averaged 482,000 A18-49 viewers, beating GMA by +53,000 (+12%) and leading CBS by +193,000 (+67%)
- TODAY posted its biggest A18-49 advantage over GMA in five weeks (since week of 3/6/2023) and over CBS in seven weeks (since week of 2/20/2023)
- Week-over-week, TODAY was the only morning show to see an increase in A18-49 viewership (+7,000, up +2%) while improving its lead over GMA by 83% (+53,000 vs. +29,000 prior week) and over CBS by 13% (+193,000 vs. +171,000 prior week)
TODAY averaged 2.749 million total viewers, leading CBS by +465,000 (+20%)
- TODAY has now outperformed CBS for 1,600 consecutive weeks (every week since 8/10/1992)
- Versus CBS, TODAY improved its total viewer advantage by 7% week-over-week (+465,000 vs. +433,000 prior week) and by 22% compared to the same week last season (+465,000 vs. +380,000 prior year)
TODAY Digital reached 13.2M unique visitors (9% WoW, 17% YoY)
- The brand drove 27M video views across on and off net platforms
2022-23 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/19/2022-4/16/2023)
TODAY ranks #1 in A25-54 at this point of the season for the 8th consecutive year and in A18-49 for the 10th consecutive year