TODAY Tops GMA in Key A25-54 Demo
TODAY Is the Only Morning Program To Grow in the Key Demo Week Over Week
TODAY Is #1 in Key Demo Season to Date for 8th Straight Year
NEW YORK – April 11, 2023 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping ABC’s “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54. Last week, TODAY was the only morning program to grow in the key demo and also narrowed the total viewer gap with GMA by 23% versus prior week and by 16% vs. the same week last season.
Season to date, TODAY is the top-rated morning show in the key demo A25-54 for eight years straight and number-one in A18-49 for ten years straight.
TODAY Digital reached 12.1 million unique visitors last week.
Note: TODAY was retitled on Friday and is based on a four-day average.
- TODAY ranked #1 in A25-54 and was the only morning show to increased its demo viewership vs. prior week
- Vs. CBS, TODAY improved its demo lead by 46% vs. prior week
- TODAY finished #1 in A18-49 for the 28th time in the last 31 weeks
- Vs. GMA, TODAY more than doubled its A18-49 lead vs. same week prior year (+190% higher)
- Vs. CBS, TODAY’s A18-49 advantage was 50% higher than prior week
- Season-to-date through Week 29, TODAY ranks #1 in A25-54 for the 8thconsecutive year and #1 in A18-49 for the 10th year in a row
TODAY averaged 701,000 A25-54 viewers, beating Good Morning America by +32,000 (+5%) and leading CBS Mornings by +233,000 (+50%)
- TODAY ranked #1 among A25-54 viewers and has beaten CBS in the demo for 1,599 consecutive weeks (since week of 8/10/1992)
- TODAY was the only morning show to increase its demo viewership week-over-week (+11,000, a +2% gain) and improved its advantage over CBS by 46% (+233,000 vs. +160,000 prior week)
TODAY averaged 474,000 A18-49 viewers, beating GMA by +29,000 (+7%) and leading CBS by +171,000 (+57%)
- Week-over-week, TODAY improved its A18-49 viewership advantage vs. CBS by 50% (+171,000 vs. +114,000 prior week)
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY more than doubled its A18-49 viewership advantage vs. GMA by 190% (+29,000 vs. +10,000 prior year).
TODAY averaged 2.774 million total viewers, leading CBS by +433,000 (+18%)
- TODAY has now outperformed CBS for 1,599 consecutive weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- Week-over-week, TODAY reduced its total viewership gap vs. GMA by 23% (-331,000 vs. -431,000 prior week) and improved its total viewership advantage vs. CBS by 1% (+433,000 vs. +428,000 prior week)
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY reduced its total viewership gap vs. GMA by 16% (-331,000 vs. -394,000 prior year)
TODAY reached 12.1M unique visitors
- The brand drove 23M video views across on and off net platforms.
*Note: There were issues gathering YouTube data this week. As a result, the topline YouTube starts and hours are not reflective of last week’s full performance.
2022-23 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/19/2022-4/9/2023)
TODAY ranks #1 in A25-54 at this point of the season for the 8th consecutive year and in A18-49 for the 10th consecutive year