TODAY Tops GMA in A25-54, Posts First Back-to-Back Since January
TODAY Grows Demo Lead Over GMA Year Over Year
TODAY Is #1 in Key Demo Season to Date for 8th Straight Year
NEW YORK – March 7, 2023 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping ABC’s “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54, marking its first back-to-back demo win since January. TODAY also posted an 8-week high in total viewers. Year over year, TODAY grew its demo lead over GMA.
Season to date, TODAY is the top-rated morning show in the key demo A25-54 and A18-49 for eight years straight.
TODAY Digital reached 14.7 million unique visitors last week, growing week over week and year over year.
TODAY averaged 756,000 A25-54 viewers, beating Good Morning America by +13,000 (+2%) and leading CBS Mornings by +215,000 (+40%)
- TODAY ranked #1 in A25-54 for the 2nd straight week and has now beaten CBS in the demo for 1,594 consecutive weeks (since week of 8/10/1992)
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY improved its A25-54 viewership advantage vs. GMA by 63% (+13,000 vs. +8,000 prior year)
TODAY averaged 534,000 A18-49 viewers, beating GMA by +40,000 (+8%) and leading CBS by +171,000 (+47%)
- TODAY has ranked #1 in A18-49 for six consecutive weeks and 24 of the last 26 weeks while also topping CBS for 1,594 consecutive weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY reversed an A18-49 loss to GMA (+40,000 vs. -3,000 prior year) and improved its A18-49 viewership advantage vs. CBS by 21% (+171,000 vs. +141,000 prior year)
TODAY averaged 2.975 million total viewers, trailing GMA by -399,000 (-12%) and leading CBS by +548,000 (+23%)
- Total viewership for TODAY reached a 8-week high (best since 1/2/23) while its advantage over CBS is the largest seen in 7 weeks (since 1/9/23)
- TODAY has now outperformed CBS for 1,594 consecutive weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- Week-over-week, TODAY improved its total viewership advantage vs. CBS by 37% (+548,000 vs. +399,000 prior week)
2022-23 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/19/2022-3/5/2023)
TODAY ranks #1 in A25-54 at this point of the season for the 8th consecutive year and in A18-49 for the 10th consecutive year