TODAY Tops GMA in A25-54, Its Best Demo Lead in 6 Weeks
TODAY Grows Across the Board Week Over Week
Al Roker’s First Show Back Delivers Best Friday Demo Win in 8 Months
TODAY Is #1 in Key Demo Season to Date for 8th Straight Year
NEW YORK – January 10, 2023 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping ABC’s “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54, its best advantage in six weeks. Last week, TODAY grew across the board and grew the most in the key demo of all the morning shows. Additionally, Al Roker’s return Friday after dealing with health issues for two months delivered the biggest single-day A25-54 advantage over GMA since December and its best Friday demo win in over eight months.
Season to date, TODAY is the top-rated morning show in the key demo A25-54 and A18-49 for eight years straight.
TODAY Digital reached over 14.7 million unique visitors last week, growing year over year.
Note: All three morning shows were specials on Monday for the New Year’s Day holiday (observed) are based on 4-day averages (Tue-Fri).
TODAY averaged 801,000 A25-54 viewers, topping GMA by +49,000 (+6%) and leading CBS by +292,000 (+57%)
- TODAY has been #1 in A25-54 for 9 of the last 12 weeks and 12 of the last 18 weeks (including one tie). TODAY has also beaten CBS for 1,586 consecutive weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- Al Roker’s return to TODAY on Friday saw the show’s biggest single-day A25-54 lead over GMA since Tuesday 12/13/2022 and its best Friday demo win in over eight months (since 4/22/2022)
- Week-over-week, TODAY saw the biggest increase in A25-54 viewership among the morning shows (+125,000, or +18%), more than GMA and CBS’ gains combined. In addition, TODAY turned its A25-54 viewership gap into an advantage vs. GMA (+49,000 vs. -10,000 prior week) and improved its A25-54 viewership advantage vs. CBS by 47% (+292,000 vs. +199,000 prior week).
TODAY averaged 556,000 A18-49 viewers, beating GMA by +48,000 (+10%) and leading CBS by +208,000 (+60%)
- TODAY has beaten GMA for 13 consecutive weeks (since 10/10/2022) and in 17 of the last 18 weeks. TODAY has also ranked ahead of CBS for 1,586 straight weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- Week-over-week, TODAY posted the most growth among the morning shows (+68,000, or +14%), improved its lead over GMA by 9% (+48,000 vs. +44,000 prior week) and widened its advantage over CBS by 11% (+208,000 vs. +187,000 prior week).
TODAY averaged 2.975 million total viewers, leading CBS by +564,000 (+23%)
- TODAY has beaten CBS for 1,586 consecutive weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- Versus prior week, TODAY grew its total viewership by +205,000 (up +7%) and posted a 44% higher advantage over CBS (+564,000 vs. +393,000 prior week)
TODAY reached 14.7M unique visitors (2% YoY)
- The brand drove 29M video views across on and off net platforms
2022-23 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/19/2022-1/8/2023)
TODAY ranks #1 in A25-54 and A18-49 at this point of the season for the 8thconsecutive year