TODAY Tops GMA in Total Viewers on Halloween
TODAY Wins Key Demo A25-54 for Third Straight Week, Its Best Demo Lead in 6 Weeks
The 3rd Hour of TODAY and TODAY with Hoda & Jenna Post Highest-Rated Shows Since Beijing Olympics
TODAY Digital Reaches Largest Audience This Year, Growing Week over Week and Year Over Year
NEW YORK – November 8, 2021 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show outright on Halloween morning, topping ABC’s “Good Morning America” in total viewers. TODAY posted its largest single-day demo lead over GMA since February and largest total viewer advantage since July. Additionally, The 3rd Hour of TODAY and TODAY with Hoda & Jenna posted their highest-rated shows since the Beijing Olympics.
Last week, TODAY was the number-one morning show in the key demo A25-54, marking 3 straight weeks in first place. TODAY posted its largest demo lead in 8 weeks and narrowed the total viewer gap with GMA, its best margin since the Beijing Olympics. TODAY is the leader in the key demo, year to date.
TODAY Digital reached its largest weekly audience this year with 17.4M unique visitors growing week over week and year over year.
- TODAY ranks #1 in A25-54 for the third consecutive week and 6th time in the last 9 weeks
- TODAY posts biggest A25-54 viewership in 6 weeks
- TODAY’s +22,000 advantage vs. GMA is its biggest demo win in 8 weeks. Vs. CBS, TODAY held its biggest demo lead (+210,000) in 6 weeks.
- TODAY increased its A25-54 lead over GMA for the 2nd straight week and over CBS for the 3rd consecutive week
- TODAY ranked #1 in A18-49 for the third week in a row and 7th time in last 9 weeks
- TODAY’s total viewer gap with GMA is the most narrow in 37 weeks (since week of 2/14/2022, Beijing Olympics) while its advantage over CBS is the widest in 35 weeks (week of 2/28/2022)
- Among total viewers, TODAY narrowed its gap with GMA by 15% vs. prior week and 18% vs. the same week prior year. TODAY also increased its viewer lead over CBS by 14% week-over-week.
TODAY averaged 747,000 A25-54 viewers, beating Good Morning America by +22,000 (+3%) and leading CBS Mornings by +210,000 (+39%)
- TODAY has ranked #1 among A25-54 viewers in 6 of the last 9 weeks and beaten CBS for 1,577 consecutive weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- TODAY’s A25-54 viewership hit a 6-week high (best since 9/19/22), its demo advantage over GMA is the largest seen in 8 weeks (since 9/5/22), and its over CBS is the largest seen in 6 weeks (since 9/19/22)
- Week-over-week, TODAY added +4,000 A25-54 viewers (+1%), improved its demo lead over GMA by 10% (+22,000 vs. +20,000 prior week), and increased its lead over CBS by 6% (+210,000 vs. +198,000 prior week).
TODAY averaged 530,000 A18-49 viewers, beating GMA by +9,000 (+2%) and leading CBS by +146,000 (+38%)
TODAY averaged 2.882 million total viewers, leading CBS by +579,000 (+25%)
- TODAY has beaten CBS for 1,577 consecutive weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- TODAY’s total viewer gap with GMA is the most narrow seen in 37 weeks (since 2/14/22) while its advantage over CBS is the largest seen in 35 weeks (since 2/28/22)
- Week-over-week, TODAY reduced its total viewership gap vs. GMA by 15% (-151,000 vs. -177,000 prior week) and improved its total viewership advantage vs. CBS by 14% (+579,000 vs. +509,000 prior week)
- Vs. the same week last season, TODAY reduced its total viewership gap vs. GMA by 18% (-151,000 vs. -185,000 prior year).
TODAY’s Halloween broadcast was the top-rated morning show across-the-board on Monday
- TODAY averaged 3.199 million total viewers on Monday, outperforming GMA by +125,000 (+4%) and CBS Mornings by +779,000 (+32%)
- TODAY’s Halloween-themed broadcast ranked #1 for the second straight year and for the 5th time in the last 7 years
- This was TODAY’s highest rated single-day telecast since Tuesday March 8, 2022 and best Monday delivery since February 14, 2022 (Beijing Olympics)
- TODAY posted its biggest single-day total viewer lead over GMA since Tuesday, July 26, 2022 and its widest advantage over CBS since Wednesday, March 2, 2022
- TODAY’s total viewer delivery on Halloween was +12% higher than the prior Monday (10/24/2022) and up +4% from the same Monday last year (11/1/2021)
- TODAY averaged 920,000 A25-54 viewers, leading GMA by +242,000 (+36%) and CBS by +360,000 (+64%)
- This was the 8th consecutive year TODAY’s Halloween-themed broadcast ranked #1 in the demo and the 24th time in the 26-year history of the show’s celebration
- TODAY posted its biggest single-day A25-54 viewership since Monday, March 28, 2022, largest demo lead over GMA since Monday, February 14, 2022 (Beijing Olympics), and widest advantage over CBS since Friday, April 29, 2022
- TODAY’s A25-54 average increased +13% from the prior Monday and +5% compared to the same Monday last year
- TODAY averaged 635,000 A18-49 viewers, +184,000 (+41%) more than GMA and +263,000 (+71%) higher than CBS
- TODAY’s Halloween-themed broadcast ranked #1 in A18-49 for the 26thconsecutive year
- TODAY had its highest-rated morning in A18-49 since Friday, April 29, 2022 and its biggest Monday audience since February 14, 2022 (Beijing Olympics).
- TODAY held its widest single-day margin over GMA since Tuesday, April 19, 2022 and its biggest lead over CBS since Tuesday, July 5, 2022
- TODAY’s A18-49 delivery was 6% higher than prior Monday and up +4% from the same Monday last year
3RD HOUR TODAY
- 3RD HOUR TODAY averaged 2.508 million total viewers, its biggest single-day viewership since Monday, February 14, 2022 (Beijing Olympics)
- Total viewership for 3RD HOUR TODAY increased +14% from the prior Monday (10/24/2022) and +22% from the same day last season (11/1/2021)
- In A25-54, 3RD HOUR TODAY averaged 586,000 viewers, its highest daily demo viewership since Friday, September 9, 2022 (morning following NFL season opener/death of Queen Elizabeth II)
- 3RD HOUR TODAY’s A25-54 delivery was up +18% vs. the prior Monday and +14% vs. the same Monday last year
TODAY with HODA & JENNA
- TODAY with HODA & JENNA averaged 1.784 million total viewers, hitting its biggest single-day viewership since Monday, February 21, 2022 (morning following Beijing Olympics closing ceremonies)
- HODA & JENNA’s total viewer average increased by +8% vs. the prior Monday (10/24/2022) and by +14% compared to the same Monday last season (11/1/2021)
- In A25-54, TODAY with HODA & JENNA averaged 493,000 viewers, its best daily demo viewership since Thursday, March 31, 2022
- A25-54 viewership for HODA & JENNA surged by +48% vs. prior Monday and +26% vs. the same Monday last year
TODAY reached its largest weekly audience this year with 17.4M unique visitors (7% WoW, 40% YoY)
- The brand drove 31M video views across on and off net platforms
2022-23 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/19/2022-11/06/2022)
TODAY ranks #1 in A18-49 at this point of the season for the 8th consecutive year