TODAY Tops GMA in A25-54 for Second Straight Week
TODAY Doubles Demo Lead Over GMA Versus Prior Week, Posts Best Advantage in 7 Weeks
TODAY Hits 23-Week High in Total Viewers
NEW YORK – November 1, 2022 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping ABC’s “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54, its first back-to-back demo win in 6 weeks. Last week, TODAY grew across the board and doubled its demo lead over GMA, posting its best advantage in seven weeks. TODAY also delivered a 23-week high in total viewers. TODAY is the leader in the key demo, year to date.
TODAY Digital reached over 16.2 million unique visitors last week, growing year over year.
KEY MONTHLY INSIGHTS:
- TODAY posted the biggest total viewership growth among the morning shows vs. prior month, more than GMA and CBS combined
- TODAY has outperformed CBS morning news programming across-the-board for 418 consecutive months, every month since the start of Nielsen People Meters in September 1987
- TODAY has ranked #1 in A18-49 for 89 of the last 91 months
- TODAY increased its A18-49 lead over ABC by 33% month-over-month
TODAY averaged 718,000 A25-54 viewers, leading CBS by +180,000 (+33%)
TODAY averaged 509,000 A18-49 viewers, leading GMA by +16,000 (+3%) and CBS by +138,000 (+37%)
TODAY averaged 2.843 million total viewers, leading CBS by +447,000 (+16%)
WEEK of 10/24/2022
- TODAY ranks #1 in A25-54 for the second consecutive week and 5th time in the last 8 weeks
- +20,000 advantage vs. GMA is TODAY’s biggest demo win in 7 weeks. Vs. CBS, TODAY held its biggest demo lead (+198,000) in 5 weeks.
- TODAY had across-the-board audience growth and the biggest increases vs. prior week among the morning shows
- As a result, TODAY improved its competitive margins vs. GMA and CBS across-the-board compared to prior week
- TODAY’s total viewership also hit a 23-week high
TODAY averaged 743,000 A25-54 viewers, beating GMA by +20,000 (+3%) and leading CBS Mornings by +198,000 (+36%)
- TODAY has ranked #1 among A25-54 viewers in 5 of the last 8 weeks and beaten CBS for 1,576 consecutive weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- TODAY’s advantage over GMA is the largest seen in 7 weeks (since 9/5/22) while its advantage over CBS is the largest seen in 5 weeks (since 9/19/22)
- TODAY posted the biggest gain of A25-54 viewers versus prior week (+39,000, or +6%), more than doubled its lead over GMA (+20,000 vs. +7,000 prior week), and improved its lead over CBS by 17% (+198,000 vs. +169,000 prior week).
TODAY averaged 511,000 A18-49 viewers, beating GMA by +45,000 (+10%) and leading CBS by +135,000 (+36%)
- TODAY has beaten CBS for 1,575 consecutive weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- A18-49 viewership for TODAY reached a 23-week high (best since 5/16/22)
- TODAY’s advantage over GMA is the largest seen in 16 weeks (since 7/4/22) and its advantage over CBS is the largest seen in 5 weeks (since 9/19/22)
- TODAY saw the biggest increase in A18-49 versus prior week (+29,000, or +6%)
TODAY averaged 2.907 million total viewers, leading CBS by +509,000 (+21%)
- TODAY has beaten CBS for 1,576 consecutive weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- TODAY’s total viewership reached a 23-week high (best since 5/16/22), its gap with GMA is the most narrow seen in 36 weeks (since 2/14/22), and its advantage over CBS is the largest seen in 16 weeks (since 7/4/22)
- Week-over-week, TODAY increased its total viewership by +66,000 (+2%), reduced its gap with GMA by 16% (-177,000 vs. -210,000 prior week), and improved its lead over CBS by 24% (+509,000 vs. 409,000 prior week).
Last week, TODAY Digtial delivered 16.2M unique visitors (0% WoW, 21% YoY)
- The brand drove 31M video views across on and off net platforms 17% YoY)
- TODAY Digital reached 42 million unique visitors in September and ranked as the third largest individual publisher among leading lifestyle and entertainment brands.
Source: Comscore Media Metrix® (September 2022), U.S. desktop internet population 2+ and mobile internet population 13+ years old. Leading Lifestyle & Entertainment brands based on Custom-Defined List that includes top individual publishers within Lifestyle and Entertainment Category.
2022-23 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/19/2022-10/30/2022)
TODAY ranks #1 in A18-49 at this point of the season for the 8th consecutive year