LESTER HOLT, SAVANNAH GUTHRIE, CHUCK TODD AND ANDREA MITCHELL TO LEAD NBC NEWS’ PRIMETIME COVERAGE STARTING AT 8 P.M. ET ON NOV. 8
RACHEL MADDOW, NICOLLE WALLACE AND JOY REID TO LEAD MSNBC’S ELECTION NIGHT COVERAGE BEGINNING AT 6 P.M. ET ON NOV. 8
TOM LLAMAS AND HALLIE JACKSON TO ANCHOR EARLY SPECIAL COVERAGE ON NBC NEWS NOW BEGINNING AT 6 P.M. ET
CNBC TO KICK OFF SPECIAL COVERAGE WITH SHEP SMITH AT 7 P.M. ET
JULIO VAQUEIRO AND ARANTXA LOIZAGA TO ANCHOR LIVE ELECTION COVERAGE AT NOTICIAS TELEMUNDO BEGINNING AT 9 P.M. ET
PEACOCK TO STREAM NBC NEWS AND MSNBC ELECTION COVERAGE
DEDICATED VOTE WATCH TEAM FOCUSED ON ELECTION SECURITY REPORTING ACROSS ALL OF NBCU NEWS GROUP
Oct. 27, 2022 – NBCUniversal News Group will deliver full special coverage and analysis of the midterm elections with Decision 2022 across NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC News NOW, Noticias Telemundo and Peacock.
NBC NEWS’ LESTER HOLT, SAVANNAH GUTHRIE, CHUCK TODD AND ANDREA MITCHELL TO ANCHOR SPECIAL COVERAGE BEGINNING AT 8 P.M.
- Starting at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, Nov. 8, NBC Nightly News anchor and managing editor Lester Holt, TODAY co-anchor and NBC News chief legal correspondent Savannah Guthrie, Meet the Press moderator and NBC News political director Chuck Todd, andNBC News chief foreign affairs correspondent and chief Washington correspondent Andrea Mitchell will anchor rolling coverage from New York as long as the race continues to unfold. They will be joined by NBC News senior national correspondent and NBC News NOW anchor Tom Llamas and NBC News senior Washington correspondent Hallie Jackson. Chief White House correspondentsPeter Alexander and Kristen Welker will join from the White House reporting on the Biden administration’s reaction to the results.
NBC NEWS NOW TO STREAM EARLY COVERAGE WITH PREVIEWS ANCHORED BY CHUCK TODD, KRISTEN WELKER, TOM LLAMAS AND HALLIE JACKSON
- NBC News NOW’s Decision 2022 coverage kicks off at 6 p.m. ET on Tuesday, Nov. 8, with special coverage hosted by NBC News NOW anchor and senior Washington correspondent Hallie Jackson and NBC News NOW anchor and senior national correspondent Tom Llamas. NBC News NOW’s coverage continues with a simulcast of NBC News’ Decision 2022 election special at 8 p.m. ET.
- Plus, ahead of Election Night, on Tuesday, Nov. 1 at 8 p.m. ET, Meet the Press moderator and NBC News political director Chuck Todd and chief White House correspondent Kristen Welker will anchor the two-hour Meet the Press: Election Special, previewing the key races, top issues facing voters and what to watch for as ballots are counted on election night.
SPECIAL COVERAGE ON MSNBC TO BEGIN THIS WEEK WITH SPECIAL EDITIONS OF MSNBC REPORTS, ALL IN WITH CHRIS HAYES LIVE SHOW, SPECIAL DECISION 2022COVERAGE BEGINNING AT 6 P.M. ON NOV. 8
- On Tuesday, Nov. 8, MSNBC will have ongoing Election Day coverage as voters head to the polls and cast their ballots. The day will kick off with a special edition of Morning Joe at 6 a.m. ET and continue throughout the day on MSNBC Reports with José Díaz-Balart, Andrea Mitchell, Chris Jansing, Katy Tur and Hallie Jackson.
- Starting at 6 p.m. ET, Rachel Maddow, Nicolle Wallace and Joy Reid will lead MSNBC’s Decision 2022 election coverage. They will be joined by Chris Hayes, Alex Wagner, Lawrence O’Donnell, Ari Melber andStephanie Ruhle.
- NBC News and MSNBC national political correspondent Steve Kornacki will be at the Big Board throughout the night to break down the latest polling, patterns and exit polls as the votes are tallied. Viewers can keep up with Kornacki and the behind-the-scenes action all night with the return of the Kornacki Cam streaming at MSNBC.com, @MSNBC on Twitter and on-air.
- MSNBC anchors will turn to The Insiders, a panel of experts who will provide analysis and real-time reporting as the night unfolds. The panel includes former White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki, former chief spokesperson and senior advisor to Vice President Harris and MSNBC host Symone Sanders Townsend, former Sen. Claire McCaskill, former White House senior advisor and Obama campaign manager David Plouffe, former RNC chairman Michael Steele and former Republican Congressman Carlos Curbelo.
- MSNBC’s special election coverage will continue live into the early morning hours anchored by Ali Velshi, Jonathan Capehart, Alicia Menendez and Ayman Mohyeldin at 2 a.m. ET.
- On Wednesday, Nov. 9, Joe Scarborough, Mika Brzezinski and Willie Geist will host a special live Morning Joe from Studio 6A in 30 Rock to provide in-depth analysis and reaction to the 2022 midterm elections.
- In the run up to Election Night, MSNBC to air special programs the week of Oct. 26, including All In with Chris Hayes live from Studio 6A, special MSNBC Reports coverage across the country and special Decision 2022 coverage throughout the weekend.
- In advance of the midterm elections, MSNBC anchors will provide live coverage from various locations across the country, including Andrea Mitchell in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Chris Jansing in Cleveland, Ohio, The ReidOut host Joy Reid in Orlando, Florida and Velshi host Ali Velshi in Phoenix, Arizona.
- On Friday, Oct. 28 and Friday, Nov. 4 at 10 p.m. ET, the final countdown to the midterm elections will continue at the Big Board as Kornacki dissects the most recent polling and trendlines on The Kornacki Countdown.
- Host Chris Hayes will return to 30 Rock’s Studio 6A with a special live audience edition of All In to preview the midterm election on Friday, Oct. 28 at 8 p.m. ET.
- On Monday, Oct. 31, Kornacki will anchor a special edition of The Kornacki Countdown live from Washington D.C. at 11 a.m. ET.
- On Thursday, Nov. 3, host of MSNBC’s Into America podcast Trymaine Lee will look at what’s at stake in the 2022 midterms for Black Americans, and what we can learn by looking back at crucial midterms in history.
- On Sunday, Nov. 6, MSNBC will kick off the final hours leading up to the 2022 midterm elections with special Decision 2022 coverage:
- At 7 p.m. ET, MSNBC hosts Ali Velshi, Jonathan Capehart, Alicia Menendez and Ayman Mohyeldin will preview what’s at stake on Nov. 8.
- At 9 p.m. ET, co-hosts Joe Scarborough, Mika Brzezinski and Willie Geist will anchor a special primetime edition of Morning Joe focused on the key races across the country that will determine control of Congress and the issues at the forefront of voters minds as they head to the polls.
- At 10 p.m. ET, Paola Ramos will examine the crucial Latino vote just days ahead of the 2022 election in a special live hour of Field Report with Paola Ramos: Northern Virginia 2022. Ramos will explore a bellwether congressional race, the seventh district of Virginia, where incumbent Democrat Abigail Spanberger faces a challenge from Republican Yesli Vega, who would be the first Salvadoran-American in Congress.
- On Monday, Nov. 7 at 8 p.m. ET, Rachel Maddow, Nicolle Wallace and Joy Reid anchor special coverage to preview the day ahead.
- Special coverage will continue on Wednesday, Nov. 9 throughout MSNBC Reports with José Díaz-Balart and Chris Jansing at 10 a.m. and Andrea Mitchell, Katy Tur and Hallie Jackson at 12 p.m. ET.
MORE THAN 40 NBC NEWS AND MSNBC CORRESPONDENTS AND REPORTERS DISPATCHED ACROSS THE U.S. REPORTING FROM KEY BATTLEGROUND STATES
- From the White House: Kristen Welker, Peter Alexander, Mike Memoli and Monica Alba
- Reporting from Washington D.C.: Ken Dilanian, Garrett Haake, Allie Raffa and Scott Wong
- Arizona: Vaughn Hillyard, Miguel Almaguer and Alicia Lozano
- California: Jake Ward
- Florida: Ali Vitali and Kerry Sanders
- Georgia: Blayne Alexander, Ellison Barber, Gabe Gutierrez, Sahil Kapur, Marc Caputo and Trymaine Lee
- Michigan: Yamiche Alcindor
- Nevada: Guad Venegas, Jacob Soboroff, and Natasha Korecki
- New Hampshire: Kristen Dahlgren
- North Carolina: Antonia Hylton
- Ohio: Jesse Kirsch and Henry Gomez
- Pennsylvania: Dasha Burns, Stephanie Gosk, Rehema Ellis, Maura Barrett, Allan Smith and Lauren Egan
- Texas: Priscilla Thompson and Suzanne Gamboa
- Utah: Ryan Nobles
- Virginia: Tom Costello
- Wisconsin: Shaq Brewster and Shannon Pettypiece
ELECTION FEATURES, LIVE RESULTS AND LIVE STREAM ALL AVAILABLE ON NBCNEWS.COM
- NBCNews.com will feature national results that showcase balance of power as well as state results pages, comprehensive exit poll data and the latest on ballot measures across the country. Results pages will feature a live blog and economic indicators, providing minute-by-minute updates and the latest breaking news.
- An overhauled feature tracks the national early vote on NBCNews.com, with voting already underway in a number of states.
- MSNBC.com will feature live results, sharp election-based analysis on key races and a robust live blog featuring both familiar columnists and outside experts. The blog will also feature guest posts from The Insiders panel as election night progresses.
- On Election Day and night, political reporters Jonathan Allen, Summer Concepcion, Dareh Gregorian, Adam Edelman, Allan Smith,Rebecca Shabad and Zoë Richards power a one-stop live blog experience that includes live streaming, live results, updates and analysis capturing the latest exit poll data, news, winner calls and more.
- NBC News will produce new original content tied to the midterms across emerging platforms, including TikTok, Snapchat and YouTube. On TikTok, NBC News launched the #NBCdebunks series, debunking popular midterms-related misinformation spreading across the app. Stay Tuned is also covering the latest election stories across the US for the Gen Z audience, both on Snapchat and YouTube.
- NBC News’ interactive voting tool Plan Your Vote is back for the 2022 midterm elections. Plan Your Vote provides a comprehensive, state-by-state guide of information voters need to know about the voting rules where they live and major changes since the 2020 elections, including registration deadlines, mail-in voting, early in-person voting, and more.
- A dedicated Vote Watch unit across all platforms – including Ben Collins, Ben Goggin, Kevin Collier, Erik Ortiz and Jason Abbruzzese – will report on issues related to election security, including misinformation and disinformation, cybersecurity, voting machines and polling places.
COVERAGE ON CNBC BEGINS AT 7 P.M. WITH A SPECIAL EDITION OF THE NEWS WITH SHEPARD SMITH AND BUSINESS ON THE BALLOT AT 8 P.M.
- CNBC’s The News with Shepard Smith at 7 p.m. ET will cover the midterms with reporters in key states across the country, election results and expert analysis throughout the hour.
- CNBC’s Washington team, Kayla Tausche, Eamon Javers and Ylan Mui, will provide coverage throughout CNBC’s Business Day programming.
- CNBC will air a special, Business on the Ballot, at 8 p.m. ET, anchored by the Squawk Box team– Becky Quick, Joe Kernen and Andrew Ross Sorkin– which will focus on the elections’ potential impact on American businesses and investors. The one-hour program will cover the key economic issues facing voters with critical insights from CEOs, policymakers and market pros.
- The CNBC.com Politics team will run a live blog beginning at 9 a.m. ET on Election Day reporting on the latest news as it happens. The team will also cover the big races as well as some of the top issues such as abortion rights and the economy. Politics reporter Chelsey Cox will document threats to election workers, Political Finance reporter Brian Schwartz will look at who raised and spent the most money on the election, and he and Politics reporter Dan Mangan will look at how Trump’s picks perform. National Political reporter Kevin Breuninger and Political reporter Christina Wilkie will be watching the balance of power in Congress, Technology reporter Lauren Feiner will cover what Twitter and Facebook are doing to properly prepare for Election Day, and White House reporter Emma Kinery will write about the top issues that are weighing on voters heading into the election. Additionally, the CNBC.com Politics team will have follow up stories on the aftermath of Election Day including what the election means for the markets and what it says about Biden’s first term so far, among others.
- The CNBC Digital Video team will publish pieces leading up to Election Day including how Atlanta became a political powerhouse and why so many Americans are at odds with their political parties.
NOTICIAS TELEMUNDO’S ELECTION NIGHT COVERAGE BEGINS AT 9 P.M. LIVE FROM MIAMI
- Beginning at 9 p.m. ET, Julio Vaqueiro, joined by Aranxta Loizaga, will anchor Noticias Telemundo’s continuous election coverage from Miami through at least 3 a.m. ET. They will be joined by anchors Vanessa Hauc, Johana Suárez, Nacho Lozano and José Díaz-Balart and a team of correspondents, reporters, analysts and contributors bringing the latest news and analysis.
- A special edition of Telemundo’s morning show, hoyDía, anchored by Nacho Lozano, Rebeka Smyth,Nicole Suarez and Martin Berlanga will kick off the day’s election day coverage which will feature the latest on-the-ground reporting from key battleground states with Senior Washington Correspondent Cristina Londoño in Florida, correspondentsRogelio Mora-Tagle in Washington, Francisco Cuevas, Maria Paula Ochoa and Francisco Fajardo in Los Angeles, Edgar Muñoz in Texas and Karla Amezola in New York.
- Washington correspondent Javier Vega will manage Noticias Telemundo’s Big Board, breaking down the latest results.
- Noticias Telemundo’s digital news team will provide multimedia content throughout the day with real-time updates and a live blog with breaking news and analysis. Ahead of Election Day, Noticias Telemundo is streaming a digital special hosted by anchor Julio Vaqueiro exploring the demographics within the Latino electorate and the issues motivating voters. The first episode of the two-part special, Los Votantes Latinos, or Latino Voters, is available on Noticias Telemundo’s YouTube channel.
- The network’s elections coverage will also feature fact checks by T Verifica, Noticias Telemundo’s fact-checking platform, with fact checks in Spanish on NoticiasTelemundo.com and on air.
PEACOCK TO STREAM EXCLUSIVE ELECTION SPECIAL AND TOP NBC NEWS AND MSNBC MIDTERMS COVERAGE
- Peacock will stream an exclusive election special from Chris Hayes, All In: Decision 2022 Special Edition with The Insiders, streaming live on Wednesday, Nov. 9 at 4 p.m. ET. This show will also be a special edition podcast in the Chris Hayes feed.
- Peacock will simulstream the following coverage from MSNBC and NBC News:
- Morning Joe’s one-hour pre-election special report on Sunday, Nov. 6 from 9-10 p.m. ET.
- MSNBC’s two-hour election preview special on Monday, Nov. 7 from 8-10 p.m. ET.
- MSNBC’s live election coverage from Tuesday, Nov. 8 at 4 p.m. ET to Wednesday, Nov. 9 at 5 a.m ET.
- NBC News’ live election coverage from Tuesday, Nov. 8 at 8 p.m. ET to Wednesday, Nov. 9 at 3 a.m. ET.
- Peacock will stream The Kornacki Countdown and Field Report with Paola Ramos: Virginia 2022 the day after airing on MSNBC. All simulstreams will also be available the next day on Peacock.
# # #