TODAY Tops GMA in A25-54, Its Best Demo Lead in 6 Weeks
TODAY Is the Only Morning Program To Post Gains Across the Board, Week Over Week
TODAY Digital Reaches Largest Audience For Second Straight Week, Growing Week over Week and Year Over Year
NEW YORK – October 25, 2022 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping ABC’s “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54, its best advantage in six weeks. Compared to the competition, TODAY grew the most in the key demo and was the only morning program to post gains across the board. TODAY is the leader in the key demo, year to date.
TODAY Digital reached its largest audience this year for the second straight week with 16.3M unique visitors growing week over week and year over year.
- TODAY saw the biggest A25-54/A18-49 increases and was the only morning show to post across-the-board audience gains vs. prior week
TODAY averaged 704,000 A25-54 viewers, leading GMA by +7,000 (+1%) and CBS by +169,000 (+32%)
- TODAY’s A25-54 advantage over ABC is the largest seen in 6 weeks (since 9/5/22)
- TODAY posted the biggest gain of A25-54 viewers versus prior week (+14,000, or +2%) and improved its lead over CBS by 5% (+169,000 vs. +161,000 prior week).
TODAY averaged 511,000 A18-49 viewers, beating GMA by +45,000 (+10%) and leading CBS by +135,000 (+36%)
- TODAY’s A18-49 advantage over ABC is the largest seen in 15 weeks (since 7/4/22)
- TODAY was the only morning show to increase in A18-49 versus prior week (+30,000, or +6%) and improved its lead over CBS by 35% (+135,000 vs. +100,000 prior week).
TODAY averaged 2.841 million total viewers, leading CBS by +409,000 (+17%)
- TODAY has beaten CBS for 1,575 consecutive weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- Week-over-week, TODAY increased its total viewership by +66,000 (+2%).
TODAY reached its largest audience this year for a 2nd straight week with 16.3M unique visitors (1% WoW, 33% YoY)
- The brand drove 29M video views across on and off net platforms (-14% WoW, 3% YoY)
2022-23 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/19/2022-10/23/2022)
TODAY ranks #1 in A18-49 at this point of the season for the 8th consecutive year
In 2022 year-to-date, TODAY is the leader in A25-54