Series will showcase in-depth reporting on voters and what’s driving them to vote — or not vote — this November
Reporting will air across NBC Nightly News, Meet the Press, MSNBC, NBCNews.com and NBC News NOW
Sept. 15, 2022 — With eight weeks until the consequential midterm elections, NBCU News Group will examine the “Power of the Vote” – a deep-dive, month-long cross-platform series featuring in-depth reporting and polling from battleground states on the major trends shaping this year’s election. The original reporting and polling will be featured across NBC News, MSNBC, NBCNews.com, NBC News NOW, Noticias Telemundo, and CNBC.
- NBC News Political Director and Moderator of Meet the Press Chuck Todd continues his fall tour of battleground states, reporting from Wisconsin and Georgia in September and October as part of NBC News’ and Meet the Press’s ongoing “Meet the Midterms” project. The trips follow Todd’s reporting from Arizona in early September.
- Beginning today, MSNBC Correspondent Trymaine Lee takes Into America listeners to several historically Black colleges and universities across the South to speak directly with the next generation of Black thinkers and doers. Into America: The Power of the Black Votewill engage with students, community leaders, and government stakeholders about the economy, the environment, voting rights, and more throughout the next month.
- “Power of the Vote” features deep-dive reporting on the Latino electorate, beginning with NBC News Correspondent Guad Venegas’s exclusive reporting on the Latino vote in Nevada on NBC Nightly News. The reporting comes ahead of the premiere of Field Report with Paola Ramos: South Texas 2022 on Peacock, which will examine Latinos’ rightward shift in the Rio Grande Valley, a historically Democratic stronghold.
- NBC News and Noticias Telemundo release an all-new poll in early October focused specifically on the Latino electorate in this year’s hottest races.
- NBC News releases its latest national poll on Sept. 18. NBC News Senior Political Editor Mark Murray and NBC News and MSNBC National Political Correspondent Steve Kornacki will break down results across all platforms throughout the week on issues like President Biden’s approval rating, defining “threats to democracy,” and the choices voters face as Election Day nears.
- NBC News’ interactive tool Plan Your Vote is back, following its debut in 2020. Since March, the tool has already helped hundreds of thousands of Americans make their plan for the primaries; now, for the general election, Plan Your Vote will provide a comprehensive, state-by-state guide to voting rules where voters live and major changes since the 2020 elections — including registration deadlines, mail-in and early voting options, what to bring with you on Election Day, and more.
- CNBC’s Business Day programming, “The News with Shepard Smith” and CNBC Digital will cover important topics from Main Street to Wall Street including inflation, American workers and the key economic factors on the minds of voters.
- On NBC Nightly News, NBC News Washington correspondent Yamiche Alcindor looks at the impact of the Supreme Court’s decision in Dobbs v. Jackson in Michigan, where voters head to the polls to vote in the governor’s race and on a ballot referendum seeking to enshrine abortion rights in the state’s constitution. Alcindor’s reporting includes interviews with Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) and challenger Tudor Dixon (R).
- Alcindor also reports on the historic year it has been for Black female candidates, featuring interviews with Republican California congressional candidate Tamika Hamilton and Democrats Val Demings of Florida and Deidre Dejear of Iowa.
- NBC News Correspondents Antonia Hylton and Ellison Barber take NBC News’ “County to County” to Anson County, N.C. and Chattooga County, Ga. to report on rural voters and how they often have felt left behind by politicians – and the factors that will either drive these key voters to the polls in November or cause them to stay home.
- Hylton also reports on the end of felony disenfranchisement in North Carolina, profiling Americans who are taking it into their own hands to improve upon what many say is a broken system — and how the recent change could impact future elections.
- NBC News Correspondent Blayne Alexander exclusivelysits down with Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams for a story on Democrats and the Rural Black Belt — areas with predominantly Black voters that carry increasing political weight.
- NBC News Correspondent Harry Smith travels to key states for a new interactive series on NBC Nightly News, speaking directly to voters where they live and work about the election and what their key concerns are as they cast their ballots.
- MSNBC Correspondent Shaq Brewster looks at the power of non-voters in 2022, digging deep on the historically lower turnout in midterm elections and the impact of the choice not to vote on the eventual results.
- NBC News Correspondent Dasha Burns reports on a grassroots Washington group accused of impersonating county officials in an effort to uncover evidence of voter fraud.
For more information, contact: