Begins Today, With Special Coverage Across TODAY, NBC Nightly News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBCNews.com & NBC News NOW
Plus — Paris Hilton Speaks to CNBC’s Julia Boorstin About Her Virtual Businesses
July 31, 2022 — Starting today, NBCUniversal News Group will air a special two-week series examining the future of the virtual world and revealing the opportunities and consequences of the metaverse.
Airing across TODAY, NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, MSNBC, CNBC, NBCNews.com and NBC News NOW, Inside the Metaverse will investigate how users in the virtual 3D world can engage in everything from retail and religion to health care and dating.
Additionally, CNBC’s Julia Boorstin will speak to Paris Hilton about her business ventures in the metaverse, including what she thinks is next in virtual entertainment.
Other programming highlights will include:
- As more influencers pocket money through paid promotions of crypto and NFT projects, CNBC’s Eamon Javers will investigate the dangerous rise of hyping dubious investments.
- NBC News Senior National Correspondent Kate Snow will investigate safety concerns in the metaverse and what protections are being put in place to make sure young users feel secure.
- CNBC’s Steve Kovach will report on new ways users are making money in the metaverse, including how one Florida 23-year-old built a million-dollar business selling virtual clothing.
- NBC News Senior Consumer Investigative Correspondent Vicky Nguyen will report on the future of shopping in a virtual world as more big name retailers enter the space.
- NBC News’ Savannah Sellers will take a look at what dating in the metaverse looks like, including how one company hopes to mirror real-world experiences. Sellers will also report on how churches are beginning to create congregations in the virtual world as a way to reach more people around the globe.
- NBC News’ Jake Ward will have an inside look at the metaverse’s role in revolutionizing healthcare through new medical training and consulting tools.
- TODAY anchor Craig Melvin’s avatargets a first-hand tour of the metaverse and what it means to participate and live in the virtual world, including how to use some of the new cutting-edge technology
- NBC News correspondent Gadi Schwartz will report on new technologies that will allow users to not just see a simulation, but to also feel and smell it. He will also spotlight what’s coming next for avatars.
- NBC News’ Sam Brock will look at why virtual land is selling for real money, including how some users are purchasing digital houses as NFTs.
- On NBCNews.com, NBC News’ Leticia Miranda will report on the growing number of Gen Z’ers gigging and earning extra income in the virtual world as younger generations take on new relationships with work and money.
For More Information:
NBCUniversal News Group
More Americans watch NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC than any news organization in the world. NBC News’ leading and award-winning television news broadcasts include TODAY, NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, Meet the Press with Chuck Todd and Dateline NBC. MSNBC is the #2 network across all of cable and is the premiere destination for breaking news, award-winning content, in-depth analysis and informed perspectives. CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage, business and general news content, and primetime reality programming, consumed by more than 557 million people per month across all platforms. The rapidly-growing NBC News Digital Group – including its streaming news services NBC News NOW and TODAY All Day – and the network’s award-winning original podcast and audio unit provide continuous content to consumers wherever they are, whenever they want it.
NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC are part of the NBCUniversal News Group, a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation. For more information about NBCUniversal, please visit www.NBCUniversal.com.