Starting Today, Two-Week Series ‘Priced Out’ Will Feature In-Depth Reporting Across ‘TODAY,’ ‘NBC Nightly News,’ MSNBC, CNBC & NBC News NOW
June 13, 2022 — Starting today, NBCUniversal News Group will air a special two-week series, Priced Out, featuring extensive coverage of the soaring housing market as the federal reserve is expected to raise interest rates this week.
Airing across TODAY, NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, MSNBC, CNBC and NBC News NOW, the series will investigate the impacts consumers are facing as rents skyrocket and home inventory remains low.
Programming highlights include:
- Reporting from Florida, NBC News’ Sam Brock looks at how the cost of living in the area has significantly increased since the beginning of the pandemic, leaving some residents with no choice but to move.
- CNBC’s Diana Olick reports on the trend of younger Americans no longer owning homes. She travels to a community outside Charlotte, NC, which has a record low supply of homes for sale.
- NBC News’ Vicky Nguyen reports on the return of the Adjustable Rate Mortgage, which now includes new protections that were put in place after the 2008 real estate crash.
- As prices and interest rates are expected to climb, NBC News’ Jo Ling Kent speaks to a New Jersey family about their decision to buy a house now to avoid paying more later, a pressure many Americans are facing.
- NBC News’ Antonia Hylton reports on Wall Street-backed investment firms buying up huge swaths of single-family homes in Fishers, Indiana, boxing out families with all-crash offers and increasing rent substantially.
- NBC News’ Zinhle Essamuah reports on why Detroit residents still haven’t been paid after the city illegally overtaxed homeowners and caused mainly Black residents to foreclose on their homes. She will also look at how Black and Hispanic Americans across the country are facing a higher property tax burden.
For More Information:
NBCUniversal News Group
More Americans watch NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC than any news organization in the world. NBC News’ leading and award-winning television news broadcasts include TODAY, NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, Meet the Press with Chuck Todd and Dateline NBC. MSNBC is the #2 network across all of cable and is the premiere destination for breaking news, award-winning content, in-depth analysis and informed perspectives. CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage, business and general news content, and primetime reality programming, consumed by more than 557 million people per month across all platforms. The rapidly-growing NBC News Digital Group – including its streaming news services NBC News NOW and TODAY All Day – and the network’s award-winning original podcast and audio unit provide continuous content to consumers wherever they are, whenever they want it.
NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC are part of the NBCUniversal News Group, a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation. For more information about NBCUniversal, please visit www.NBCUniversal.com.
# # #