TODAY Wins 80 Consecutive Months in Key Demo
TODAY Grows Demo Lead Over GMA Month Over Month and Week Over Week
TODAY Grows Across the Board Versus Prior Week
NEW YORK – April 26, 2022 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show in the key demo for the month of April, topping ABC’s “Good Morning America” for 80 consecutive months. The win marks 339 out of 347 weeks in first place.
Versus the prior month, TODAY grew its demo lead over GMA. Last week, TODAY had its biggest A25-54 lead in 9 weeks over GMA and narrowed the total viewer gap by 30%. Additionally, TODAY grew across the board the most of all the morning shows. Season to date, TODAY has been number-one in the key demo for seven years straight.
TODAY Digital reached 55 million unique visitors in March, surpassing 50 million unique visitors for nine months in a row. Last week, TODAY reached 18.5 million unique visitors growing week over week and year over year.
TODAY averaged 815,000 A25-54 viewers, leading GMA by +60,000 (+8%) and CBS Mornings by +283,000 (+53%)
- TODAY has beaten ABC for 80 consecutive months (since 9/1/2015) and ranked ahead of CBS for 416 straight months (since 9/1/1987)
- Month-over month, TODAY improved its demo lead over GMA by 76% (+60,000 vs. +34,000 prior month) and CBS by 1% (+283,000 vs. +281,000 prior month).
TODAY averaged 583,000 A18-49 viewers, beating ABC by +73,000 (+14%) and leading CBS by +216,000 (+59%)
- TODAY has beaten ABC for 85 consecutive months (since 4/1/2015) and ranked ahead of CBS for 416 straight months (since 9/1/1987)
- Month-over-month, TODAY more than doubled its A128-49 lead over GMA (+73,000 vs. +29,000 prior month, or 152%) and improved its advantage over CBS by 19% (+216,000 vs. +181,000 prior month).
TODAY averaged 2.977 million total viewers, leading CBS by +466,000 (+19%)
TODAY Digital reached 55 million unique visitors in March, surpassing 50 million unique visitors for nine months in a row.
- With 55 million unique visitors, TODAY ranks as the second largest individual publisher among leading lifestyle and entertainment brands.
WEEK OF 4/18/2022
TODAY averaged 832,000 A25-54 viewers, beating ABC by +97,000 (+13%) and leading CBS by +315,000 (+61%)
- TODAY has beaten ABC for 16 consecutive weeks (since 1/3/2022) and ranked ahead of CBS for 1,549 straight weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- TODAY posted its biggest demo lead over GMA in 9 weeks (since the week of 2/14/2021 – Week 2 of the Beijing Winter Olympics)
- Week over-week, TODAY grew its A25-54 audience by +68,000 viewers (+9%), the biggest gain among the morning shows.
TODAY averaged 618,000 A18-49 viewers, beating ABC by +140,000 (+29%) and leading CBS by +259,000 (+72%)
- TODAY hit a 9-week high in A18-49 viewership and advantage over CBS (since the week of 2/14/2022 – Week 2 of the Beijing Winter Olympics) while also posting its biggest lead over GMA in 21 weeks (since the week of 11/22/2021)
- Versus prior week, TODAY added +65,000 A18-49 viewers (the most among the morning shows), more than doubled its lead over GMA (+140,000 vs. +69,000 prior week) , and improved its advantage over CBS by 23% (+259,000 vs. +211,000 prior week).
TODAY averaged 3.014 million total viewers, leading CBS by +482,000 (+19%)
- TODAY has beaten CBS for 1,549 consecutive weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- Week over-week, TODAY increased its total viewership by +109,000 (+4%, highest among the morning shows), reduced the viewership gap vs. GMA by 30% (-264,000 vs. -378,000 prior week), and improved its lead over CBS by 217% (+482,000 vs. +380,000 prior week).
TODAY Digital reached 18.5M unique visitors (35% WoW, 20% YoY)
- The brand drove 36M video views across on and off net platforms (8% WoW, 22% YoY)
- TODAY All Day delivered 228K hours
- TODAY podcasts reached 380K downloads
2021-22 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/20/2021-4/24/2022)
TODAY has now ranked #1 in A25-54 at this point of the season for seven consecutive years and #1 in A18-49 for nine years in a row (and 29 of the last 30 years)