Lester Holt and Savannah Guthrie to Anchor NBC News’ Coverage from the Nation’s Capital; Plus, Special Editions of ‘Nightly News’ and ‘TODAY’ Live from Washington
MSNBC’s Special Coverage Begins on Monday, Feb. 28; Primetime Coverage Anchored by Rachel Maddow, Joy Reid and Nicolle Wallace
Hallie Jackson to Host Pre-SOTU Special on NBC News NOW; Chuck Todd and Kristen Welker to Host Live Special Following the Address and Featuring the Latest on Texas Primary
Plus, Peacock to Feature Special Coverage on The Choice From MSNBC Hosted by Zerlina Maxwell and Mehdi Hasan
Feb. 23, 2022 – NBCUniversal News Group, Noticias Telemundo and Peacock will feature live coverage and real-time analysis of President Joe Biden’s first State of the Union address and the Republican response on Tuesday, March 1.
LESTER HOLT AND SAVANNAH GUTHRIE LEAD NBC NEWS SPECIAL COVERAGE OF PRESIDENT BIDEN’S ADDRESS STARTING AT 9 P.M. ET LIVE FROM D.C.
- NBC Nightly News anchor Lester Holt and TODAY co-anchor and NBC News chief legal correspondent Savannah Guthrie will lead NBC News’ coverage live from Washington, D.C. starting at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 1. Holt and Guthrie will be joined by NBC News political director and Meet the Press moderator Chuck Todd and NBC News chief foreign affairs correspondent and chief Washington correspondent Andrea Mitchell.
- Ahead of the address on Tuesday, Lester Holt will anchor a special edition of NBC Nightly News live from Washington, D.C. The next morning, Savannah Guthrie will also anchor TODAY from the Nation’s Capital.
- NBC News and MSNBC hosts, correspondents, reporters and contributors will join the special coverage across the networks and provide the latest reporting and analysis, including NBC News chief White House correspondents Kristen Welker and Peter Alexander, NBC News senior White House correspondent Kelly O’Donnell, NBC News White House correspondents Mike Memoli and Carol Lee, NBC News senior Washington correspondent Hallie Jackson, NBC News senior national correspondent Tom Llamas, NBC News senior congressional correspondent Garrett Haake, NBC News Capitol Hill correspondents Leigh Ann Caldwell and Ali Vitali, MSNBC and Peacock’s The Choice from MSNBC host Symone Sanders, and NBC News contributor Stephen Hayes.
- Plus, NBC News correspondents Antonia Hylton and Morgan Radford will join from Texas with the latest on the Texas primary race, NBC News correspondent Blayne Alexander will join from Georgia, NBC News correspondent Guad Venegas will report from Washoe County, Nev., and NBC News NOW host Joshua Johnson will report from Dallas, Texas.
MSNBC SPECIAL COVERAGE BEGINS MONDAY, FEB. 28; SPECIAL ‘WHITE HOUSE REPORTS’ HOUR ANCHORED BY KRISTEN WELKER AND PETER ALEXANDER AT 11 A.M. ALL WEEK
- During the week of Feb. 28, MSNBC will air a special White House Reports hour every day at 11 a.m. ET hosted by chief White House correspondents Kristen Welker and Peter Alexander. The duo will bring their first-hand reporting on the Biden administration to viewers anchored from the White House North Lawn.
- On the morning of the State of the Union Address, Morning Joe co-hosts Mika Brzezinski, Joe Scarborough and Willie Geist will kick off special coverage beginning at 6 a.m. ET with in-depth reporting and analysis from top political reporters, previewing President Biden’s first State of the Union address.
- Live coverage from the nation’s capital will continue with MSNBC Reports anchored by José Díaz-Balart, Andrea Mitchell, Katy Tur and Hallie Jackson and MTP Daily with Chuck Todd. The next day, Chris Jansing will also anchor from Washington, D.C.
- Rachel Maddow, Joy Reid and Nicolle Wallace will lead special coverage starting at 8 p.m. ET and return for analysis once President Biden concludes. They will be joined by a panel of experts to break down the president’s speech and reaction across parties. Stephanie Ruhle will continue coverage at 12 a.m. ET.
- NBC News and MSNBC contributors will also join the special coverage offering expert analysis, including Claire McCaskill, Michael Steele, Matthew Dowd, and Julián Castro.
- Following the address, MSNBC will continue live coverage from Washington, D.C. throughout the day beginning with Morning Joe through MSNBC Reports.
- MSNBC.com will launch a live blog for President Biden’s address, with a conversational focus and perspective. The blog will feature analysis and insight from MSNBC Daily columnists and contributors.
PEACOCK TO FEATURE SPECIAL COVERAGE ON THE CHOICE FROM MSNBC
- On Tuesday, March 1, Zerlina Maxwell will kick off live coverage on Zerlina. starting at 6 p.m. ET and will return at 8 p.m. ET. Maxwell and her panel of guests including former Obama White House Advisor Valerie Jarrett, MSNBC and The Choice host Symone Sanders, Democratic strategist Adrienne Elrod, justice correspondent for The Nation Elie Mystal and host of “Nuestro” podcast and New York Times contributor Chuck Rocha will break down the State of the Union through the lens of racial reckoning, the ongoing pandemic as well as women’s rights in America.
- The Mehdi Hasan Show will provide comprehensive coverage starting at 7 p.m. ET and return immediately following the address with reaction and analysis. Mehdi Hasan will be joined by a roundtable of panelists including Congressional candidate Nina Turner, Former Sen. Barbara Boxer, and Republican consultant Stuart Stevens. Coverage will continue into the 11 p.m. hour, with guests Rep. Susan Wild (D-PA), presidential historian Michael Beschloss, and former speechwriter to President Obama David Litt.
- On Wednesday, March 2, Peacock users can watch Morning Joe: State of the Union Recap, a full hour of the top moments from MSNBC’s Morning Joe that morning. The special program will feature the best moments and analysis from co-hosts Joe Scarborough, Mika Brzezinski and Willie Geist and their roundtable guests.
NBC NEWS NOW TO STREAM SPECIAL COVERAGE AND ADDRESS LIVE; NBC NEWS DIGITAL TO COVER ADDRESS ACROSS ALL PLATFORMS
- NBC News NOW anchor Hallie Jackson will host a special pre-address program live from Washington, D.C., covering the live events, late-breaking headlines and analysis leading up to the State of the Union. The special airs at 8 p.m. ET on NBC News NOW.
- NBC News NOW will air NBC News’ special coverage of President Biden’s State of the Union address, led by Lester Holt and Savannah Guthrie.
- NBC News political director and Meet the Press moderator Chuck Todd and chief White House correspondent Kristen Welker will host a live special following the State of the Union, with analysis of President Biden’s address, as well as the latest on the Texas primary race. The special airs at 11 p.m. ET on NBC News NOW.
- NBCNews.com will host a live blog for President Biden’s address with fact checks by political reporter Jane C. Timm, plus coverage and analysis from White House reporters Shannon Pettypiece and Lauren Egan, congressional reporter Scott Wong, political reporters Sahil Kapur, Natasha Korecki, Jonathan Allen, Peter Nicholas, Marc Caputo, Allan Smith and Adam Edelman as well as correspondents from across the network.
CNBC TO AIR COVERAGE THROUGHOUT CNBC BUSINESS DAY AND BROADCAST SPECIAL REPORT ANCHORED BY SHEPARD SMITH AT 8 P.M. ET
- CNBC senior White House correspondent Kayla Tausche will provide coverage throughout CNBC Business Day on Tuesday, March 1 and Wednesday, March 2 leading up to and following The State of the Union address.
- Ahead of the State of the Union address, Shepard Smith will anchor The News with Shepard Smith at 7 p.m. ET. Following the newscast, he will anchor CNBC Special Report: The State of the Union from 8 to 10:30 p.m. ET. He will be joined by Kayla Tausche and CNBC senior congressional correspondent Ylan Mui as well as CNBC anchor Andrew Ross Sorkin, among others.
- The CNBC.com politics team will live blog throughout the State of the Union, reporting on the latest news coming out of President Biden’s address.
JULIO VAQUEIRO TO LEAD NOTICIAS TELEMUNDO’S SPECIAL STATE OF THE UNION COVERAGE
- Julio Vaqueiro will lead Noticias Telemundo’s coverage live from Washington, D.C. Coverage ahead of the address on Tuesday will include reports on Telemundo’s morning show, hoyDía. Vaqueiro will anchor a special edition of the network’s 6:30 p.m. newscast and host a news special from 9 to 11 p.m. ET.
- The news special will feature in-depth reporting and analysis. Senior Washington correspondent Cristina Londoño and Washington correspondent Javier Vega will join Vaqueiro to examine the president’s speech and reaction from Latino leaders and political analysts.
# # #
For more information, contact: