TODAY Wins 324 out of 329 Weeks in A25-54
TODAY Posts Closest Total Viewer Gap with GMA in 2 Years
TODAY Is #1 in Key Demo Season to Date for 7th Straight Year
NEW YORK – December 21, 2021 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping ABC’s “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54. The win marks 324 out of the last 329 weeks in first place.
Season to date, TODAY is posting its closest total viewer gap with GMA in two years. TODAY has been number-one in the key demo for seven years straight. TODAY’s A25-54 and A18-49 percentage leads over GMA is its largest in five years season to date.
TODAY Digital reached 13.4 million unique visitors last week.
TODAY averaged 877,000 A25-54 viewers, leading GMA by +37,000 (+5%) and CBS Mornings by +299,000 (+52%)
- TODAY has ranked #1 among A25-54 viewers for 324 of the last 329 weeks
TODAY averaged 627,000 A18-49 viewers, leading GMA by +61,000 (+11%) and CBS by +212,000 (+51%)
TODAY averaged 3.161 million total viewers, +512,000 (+19%) more than CBS
TODAY reached 13.4M unique visitors last week
- TODAY also delivered 27M video views across on and off network platforms
- TODAY All Day saw 231K hours viewed (3% WoW)
- TODAY podcasts delivered 255K downloads
- TODAY newsletters garnered 224K visits (6% vs.13-week average)
- These newsletters had an average click-thru rate of 6% and an open rate of 49%
2021-22 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/20/2021-12/19/2021)
TODAY has ranked #1 in A25-54 at this point of the season for seven consecutive years and #1 in A18-49 for nine straight years
TODAY’s A25-54 advantage over GMA (+104,000) is 2% higher than last season (+102,000)
- On a percentage basis, TODAY’s A25-54 lead over GMA (12.7%) is at its highest level in five seasons
TODAY’s A18-49 percentage advantage over GMA (22.0%) is at its highest level in five seasons