TODAY Wins 323 out of 328 Weeks in A25-54
TODAY Grows Demo Lead Over GMA Versus Prior Year
TODAY Posts Closest Total Viewer Gap with GMA in 3 Years
NEW YORK – December 14, 2021 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping ABC’s “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54. The win marks 323 out of the last 328 weeks in first place. Year over year, TODAY grew its demo lead over GMA by 32% and narrowed the total viewer gap by 80%.
Season to date, TODAY is posting its closest total viewer gap with GMA in three years. TODAY has been number-one in the key demo for seven years straight. TODAY’s A25-54 percentage lead over GMA is its largest in five years and its A18-49 percentage lead is its largest in 10 years, season to date.
TODAY Digital reached 14.2 million unique visitors last week.
TODAY averaged 894,000 A25-54 viewers, leading GMA by +91,000 (+11%) and CBS Mornings by +329,000 (+58%)
- TODAY has ranked #1 among A25-54 viewers for 323 of the last 328 weeks
- TODAY’s demo lead over GMA grew 32% compared to the same week last season (+91,000 vs. +69,000 prior year).
TODAY averaged 634,000 A18-49 viewers, leading GMA by +93,000 (+17%) and CBS by +220,000 (+53%)
TODAY averaged 3.270 million total viewers, +648,000 (+25%) higher than CBS
- TODAY’s total viewer gap vs. GMA improved by 80% compared to the same week last season (-50,000 vs. -255,000 prior year).
TODAY reached 14.2M unique visitors last week
- TODAY also delivered 33M video views across on and off network platforms ( 27% WoW & 2% YoY)
- TODAY All Day saw 208K hours viewed, one of its top three weeks on record
- TODAY podcasts delivered 201K downloads
- TODAY newsletters garnered 215K visits (3% vs.13-week average)
- These newsletters had an average click-thru rate of 6% and an open rate of 45%
2021-22 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/20/2021-12/12/2021)
TODAY has ranked #1 in A25-54 and A18-49 at this point of the season for seven consecutive years
TODAY’s A25-54 advantage over GMA (+109,000) is 4% higher than last season (+105,000)
- On a percentage basis, TODAY’s A25-54 lead over GMA (13.5%) is at its highest level in five seasons
TODAY’s A18-49 percentage advantage over GMA (23.0%) is at its highest level in 10 seasons