TODAY Wins 318 out of 323 Weeks in A25-54
TODAY Is #1 in Key Demo Season to Date for 7th Straight Year
TODAY Posts Largest Season-To-Date Demo Lead over GMA in 3 Years
NEW YORK – November 9, 2021 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping ABC’s “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54. The win marks 318 out of the last 323 weeks in first place. Season-to-date, TODAY holds its biggest demo lead and closest total viewer gap with GMA in three years. Versus last season, TODAY has grown its demo lead by 33% and narrowed the total viewer gap by 39%. For seven years in a row, TODAY has been the winner in the key demo at this point in the season. On a percentage basis at this point in the season, TODAY’s lead over GMA in the key demo is the largest in five years and among A18-49 viewers, the largest lead in ten years.
TODAY Digital reached 12.4 million unique visitors last week, growing year over year.
TODAY averaged 882,000 A25-54 viewers, leading GMA by +62,000 (+8%) and CBS Mornings by +373,000 (+73%)
- TODAY has ranked #1 among A25-54 viewers for 318 of the last 323 weeks
TODAY averaged 633,000 A18-49 viewers, leading GMA by +82,000 (+15%) and CBS by +284,000 (+81%)
TODAY averaged 3.066 million total viewers, -184,000 (-6%) behind GMA and +628,000 (+26%) higher than CBS
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY’s total viewer lead over CBS grew by 14% (+628,000 vs. +552,000 prior year).
TODAY reached 12.4M unique visitors last week (1% YoY)
- The brand delivered 29M video views across on and off net platforms
- TODAY All Day saw 188K hours viewed, one of its top five weeks on record
- TODAY podcasts had their 2nd strongest week on record with 409K downloads ( 59% vs. prior 13-week avg.)
- TODAY newsletters garnered 176K visits
- These newsletters had an average click-thru rate of 9% and an open rate of 31%
2021-22 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/20/2021-11/7/2021)
TODAY has ranked #1 in A25-54 and A18-49 at this point of the season for seven consecutive years
TODAY’s A25-54 advantage over GMA (+105,000) is 33% higher than the same point last season (+79,000) and is at its highest level in three years
- On a percentage basis, TODAY’s demo lead over GMA (13.2%) is at its highest level in five seasons
TODAY’s A18-49 lead over GMA (+121,000) is its best in four years
- On a percentage basis, TODAY’s A18-49 advantage over GMA (22.7%) is at its highest level in 10 seasons