TODAY Wins 315 out of 320 Weeks in A25-54
TODAY Tops GMA in Total Viewers Last Friday
TODAY Triples Demo Lead Over GMA Versus Prior Year
TODAY Is Only Morning Show to Grow in Total Viewers Week Over Week
NEW YORK – October 19, 2021 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping ABC’s “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54. The win marks 315 out of the last 320 weeks in first place. TODAY also won in total viewers Friday.
Last week, TODAY was the only morning program to grow in total viewers. TODAY also grew its demo lead over GMA versus the prior week and more than tripled its demo lead over GMA versus the prior year. For seven years in a row, TODAY has been the winner in the key demo at this point in the season.
TODAY All Day had its strongest week ever with 193,000 hours viewed.
TODAY averaged 874,000 A25-54 viewers, leading GMA by +110,000 (+14%) and CBS Mornings by +345,000 (+65%)
- TODAY has ranked #1 among A25-54 viewers for 315 of the last 320 weeks
- TODAY more than tripled its demo lead over GMA compared to the same week last season (+110,000 vs. +36,000 prior year) and increased its advantage over CBS by 8% (+345,000 vs. +318,000 prior year).
- TODAY A25-54 lead over GMA increased for the second straight week, up 38% (+110,000 vs. +80,000 prior week).
TODAY averaged 621,000 A18-49 viewers, leading GMA by +128,000 (+26%) and CBS by +246,000 (+65%)
- TODAY’s A18-49 advantage over GMA more than doubled compared to the same week last season (+128,000 vs. +59,000 prior year) while its lead over CBS increased 9% (+246,000 vs. +225,000 prior year).
TODAY averaged 3.174 million total viewers, +684,000 (+27%) higher than CBS
- TODAY led GMA by +34,000 total viewers on Friday morning
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY closed the total viewer gap with GMA by 69% (-79,000 vs. -258,000 prior year) and increased its lead over CBS by 14% (+684,000 vs. +601,000 prior year).
- Week-over-week, TODAY increased its total viewer delivery by +58,000 (+2%), narrowed the gap with GMA by 43% (-79,000 vs. -139,000 prior week), and widened its lead over CBS by 9% (+684,000 vs. +625,000 prior week).
TODAY All Day had its strongest week every with 193,000 hours viewed.
- TODAY reached 10.4M unique visitors last week
- TODAY All Day had its strongest week ever with 193K hours viewed (5% WoW)
- TODAY podcasts had one of their three strongest weeks on record with 328K downloads ( 55% vs. prior 13-week avg.)
- TODAY newsletters garnered 195K visits
- These newsletters had an average click-thru rate of 9% and an open rate of 28%
2021-22 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/20/2021-10/17/2021)
TODAY has been #1 in A25-54 and A18-49 at this point of the season for seven consecutive years
TODAY’s A25-54 advantage over GMA (+96,000) is up 60% from the same point last season (+60,000) and the highest level in three years
TODAY’s A18-49 lead over GMA (+121,000) is 26% better than the same point last season (+96,000) and the highest level in four years