TODAY Tops GMA in Total Viewers Last Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
TODAY Wins Week in Key Demo, Marks 306 out of 311 Weeks in 1st Place
TODAY Grows Lead in Key Demo Year Over Year
NEW YORK – August 17, 2021 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping ABC’s “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54. The win marks 306 out of the last 311 weeks in first place. For six years in a row, TODAY has been number-one in the key demo at this point in the season.
TODAY also won outright in total viewers last Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Year over Year, TODAY grew its lead in the key demo by 52% and narrowed the total viewer gap with GMA by 68%.
TODAY averaged 820,000 A25-54 viewers, leading GMA by +85,000 (+12%) and CBS This Morning by +312,000 (+61%)
- TODAY has ranked #1 among A25-54 viewers for 306 of the last 311 weeks
- TODAY’s demo lead over GMA grew by 52% compared to the same week last season (+85,000 vs. +56,000 prior year)
TODAY averaged 582,000 A18-49 viewers, leading GMA by +90,000 (+18%) and CBS by +236,000 (+68%)
- TODAY increased its A18-49 advantage over GMA by 22% year-over-year (+90,000 vs. +74,000 prior year)
TODAY averaged 3.010 million total viewers, +551,000 (+47%) more than CBS This Morning
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY closed the total viewer gap vs. GMA by 68% (-27,000 vs. -84,000 prior year) and grew its lead over CBS by 4% (+551,000 vs. +532,000 prior year)
TODAY reached 12.1M unique visitors last week.
- TODAY All Day delivered 96K hours viewed, up +5% vs. its prior 13-week average
- It reached 948K video views, up +9% vs. its prior 13-week average
- TODAY podcasts had their 2nd strongest week ever with 184K downloads (33 % vs. 13-week avg.)
- TODAY newsletters delivered 200K visits
- These newsletters had an average click-thru rate of 11 % and an open rate of 23 %
2020-21 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/21/2020-8/15/2021)
TODAY has been #1 in A25-54 at this point of the season for six consecutive years and A18-49 for 28 straight years