TODAY Wins 299 out of 303 Weeks in A25-54
TODAY Doubles Demo Lead Over GMA Versus Prior Year
TODAY Tops GMA in Total Viewers Last Thursday
TODAY ALL DAY Posts Strongest Week Ever
NEW YORK – June 22, 2021 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping ABC’s “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54. The win marks 299 out of the last 303 weeks in first place. TODAY also won in total viewers Thursday. Versus the prior year, TODAY narrowed the total viewer gap with GMA by 72% and more than doubled its lead in the key demo. For six years in a row, TODAY has been the winner in the key demo at this point in the season.
Additionally, TODAY All Day, the show’s 24/7 streaming channel, had its strongest week on record with 113,000 hours viewed and TODAY Digital reached 11.6 million unique visitors last week growing both week-over-week and year-over-year.
TODAY averaged 856,000 A25-54 viewers, leading GMA by +48,000 (+6%) and CBS This Morning by +383,000 (+81%)
- TODAY has been the #1 ranked morning show in A25-54 for 299 of the last 303 weeks
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY more than doubled its A25-54 lead over GMA (+48,000 vs. +22,000 prior year)
- Week-over-week, TODAY improved its demo lead over CBS by 4% (+383,000 vs. +368,000 prior week)
TODAY averaged 614,000 A18-49 viewers, leading GMA by +60,000 (+11%) and CBS by +298,000 (+94%)
- TODAY added +9,000 A18-49 viewers (+1%) week-over-week and increased its lead over CBS by 16% (+298,000 vs. +256,000 prior week)
TODAY averaged 3.122 million total viewers, +605,000 (+24%) higher than CBS This Morning
- TODAY won Thursday morning among total viewers
- TODAY narrowed the total viewer gap vs. GMA by 72% compared to the same week last season (-64,000 vs. -226,000 prior year)
TODAY Digital reached 11.6 million unique visitors last week growing both week-over-week and year-over-year.
- TODAY reached 11.6M unique visitors (11 % WoW, 12 % YoY) and 32M total video starts (7 % YoY)
- TODAY All Day had its strongest week on record with 113K hours viewed (11 % WoW) , driven by both the service’s launch on Pluto TV and Tubi, as well as the inclusion of a new TODAY All Day player on the TODAY.com homepage
2020-21 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/21/2020-6/20/2021)
TODAY has been #1 in A25-54 at this point of the season for six consecutive years and A18-49 for eight straight years