TODAY Tops GMA in Total Viewers and Key Demo for the Week
TODAY Wins 298 out of 302 Weeks in A25-54
TODAY Is Only Morning Show to Grow Across the Board Versus Last Week
TODAY ALL DAY Posts Strongest Week Ever
NEW YORK – June 15, 2021 – TODAY was the number-one morning show outright last week, topping “Good Morning America” in total viewers and the key demo. The win marks TODAY’s fourth across-the-board victory this season. TODAY has also now won 298 out of 302 weeks in A25-54. Week to week, TODAY was the only morning show to grow in total viewers, A25-54 and A18-49. For six years in a row, TODAY has been number-one in the key demo at this point in the season. Last week, Savannah Guthrie marked her 10-year anniversary on TODAY.
TODAY All Day, the show’s 24/7 streaming channel, had its strongest week ever with 102,000 hours viewed and 1.6 million video views, up a whopping 212% from the previous week. TODAY All Day debuted new content last week.
TODAY averaged 3.215 million total viewers, +65,000 (+2%) higher than GMA and +615,000 (+24%) higher than CBS This Morning
- TODAY had its best total viewer delivery in seven weeks (week of 4/19/2021)
- TODAY posted its fourth weekly total viewer win of the season. This was also TODAY’s first win over GMA in 14 weeks (week of 3/1/2021) and its widest margin in 28 weeks (week of 11/23/2020)
- TODAY won four consecutive days of the week in total viewers (Mon-Thu), its first such stretch since the week of 1/7/2019
- Week-over-week, TODAY posted the biggest increase in total viewership (+107,000, or +3%) and widened its lead over CBS by 11% (+615,000 vs. +556,000 prior week)
TODAY averaged 866,000 A25-54 viewers, leading GMA by +51,000 (+6%) and CBS This Morning by +368,000 (+74%)
- TODAY has been the #1 morning show in A25-54 for 298 of the last 302 weeks
- TODAY was the only morning show to increase its A25-54 viewership vs. prior week (+24,000, or +3%) while increasing its lead over CBS by 15% (+368,000 vs. +321,000 prior week)
TODAY averaged 605,000 A18-49 viewers, leading GMA by +62,000 (+11%) and CBS by +256,000 (+73%)
- TODAY was the only morning show to add A18-49 viewers (+8,000 or +1%) while widening its lead over CBS by 34% (+256,000 vs. +191,000 prior week)
TODAY All Day had its strongest week ever with 102,000 hours viewed and 1.6 million video views.
- Last week, TODAY reached 10.4M unique visitors (1 % YoY) and 32M total video starts
- TODAY All Day had its strongest week ever with 102K hours viewed (59 % WoW) and 1.6M video views (212 % WoW)
2020-21 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/21/2020-6/13/2021)
TODAY has been #1 in A25-54 at this point of the season for six consecutive years and A18-49 for eight straight years