TODAY Wins 280 out of 282 Weeks in A25-54
TODAY Tops GMA in Total Viewers Last Monday and Thursday
TODAY Is #1 in Key Demo Season to Date for 6th Straight Year
NEW YORK – May 25, 2021 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping ABC’s “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54. The win marks 91 straight weeks (280 out of 282 weeks) in first place. TODAY also won in total viewers last Monday and Thursday. For six straight years TODAY has been the number-one morning show in the all-important key demo at this point in the season.
Additionally, TODAY Digital reached 38 million total video starts last week, growing versus the prior week and year.
TODAY averaged 911,000 A25-54 viewers, leading GMA by +26,000 (+3%) and CBS This Morning by +369,000 (+68%)
- TODAY has now ranked #1 in the key demo for 91 consecutive weeks and 280 of the last 282 weeks
- TODAY’s demo lead over CBS hit a four-week high, 1% higher than prior week
TODAY averaged 679,000 A18-49 viewers, topping GMA by +83,000 (+14%) and CBS by +287,000 (+73%)
- This represents TODAY biggest A18-49 win over CBS in 11 weeks (since the week of 3/1/2021)
- Week-over-week, TODAY’s A18-49 lead over CBS improved by 3%.
TODAY averaged 3.200 million total viewers, +627,000 (+24%) higher than CBS This Morning
- TODAY was the top-rated morning show in total viewers on Monday and Thursday
- This was TODAY’s biggest total viewer advantage over CBS in seven weeks (week of 3/29/2021)
- TODAY widened its total viewer advantage over CBS by 15% week-over-week.
TODAY Digital reached 38 million total video starts last week, growing versus the prior week and year.
- TODAY reached 12.6M unique visitors and 38M total video starts (7 % WoW, 39 % YoY)
- TODAY All Day saw 62K hours viewed and 511K video views
2020-21 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/21/2020-5/23/2021)
TODAY has been #1 in A25-54 at this point of the season for six consecutive years and A18-49 for eight straight years