Wins 271 out of 273 Weeks in A25-54
Tops GMA in Total Viewers Friday
Grows Demo Lead Versus GMA Week Over Week
NEW YORK – March 23, 2021 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping ABC’s “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54. The win marks 82 weeks consecutively weeks (271 out of 273 weeks) in first place. TODAY also won in total viewers Friday. Last week, TODAY grew its demo lead versus GMA by 37% and narrowed the total viewer gap by 60%. For six straight years TODAY has been the number-one morning show in the all-important key demo at this point in the season.
Additionally, TODAY Digital grew in visitors last week. Across all platforms, TODAY saw more than 14.6 million unique visitors.
TODAY averaged 984,000 A25-54 viewers, leading GMA by +145,000 (+17%) and CBS This Morning by +383,000 (+64%)
- TODAY has now ranked #1 in the key demo for 82 consecutive weeks and 271 of the last 273 weeks
- TODAY has topped GMA by at least 100,000 A25-54 viewers in five of the last six weeks
- Week-over-week, TODAY increased its demo advantages over both GMA (37% higher) and CBS (up 16%)
TODAY averaged 712,000 A18-49 viewers, outperforming GMA by +138,000 (+24%) and CBS by +272,000 (+62%)
- TODAY widened its A18-49 lead over GMA by 33% and CBS by 27% compared to prior week.
TODAY averaged 3.144 million total viewers, +556,000 (+21%) more than CBS This Morning
- TODAY was the top-ranked morning show on Friday morning, leading GMA by +171,000 viewers
- Week-over-week, TODAY reduced the total viewer gap vs. GMA by 60% (-54,000 vs. -135,000 prior week) and improved its lead over CBS five-fold (+556,000 vs. +107,000 prior week)
TODAY Digital continues to grow in visitors, week-over-week.
- TODAY reached 14.6M unique visitors (+3% WoW) and 31M video starts.
- TODAY All Day saw 66K hours viewed and 470K video starts with the average viewer watching for 9 minutes
2020-21 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/21/2020-3/21/2021)
TODAY has been #1 in A25-54 at this point of the season for six consecutive years and A18-49 for eight straight years