LESTER HOLT, SAVANNAH GUTHRIE, CHUCK TODD AND ANDREA MITCHELL LEAD NBC NEWS PRIMETIME COVERAGE STARTING AT 7 P.M. ET
SPECIAL ELECTION COVERAGE BEGINS ON MSNBC WITH NICOLLE WALLACE AT 4 P.M. ET; CHRIS HAYES AT 5 P.M. ET; AND RACHEL MADDOW, BRIAN WILLIAMS, JOY REID AND WALLACE ANCHORING THROUGH THE EVENING STARTING AT 6 P.M. ET — PLUS STEVE KORNACKI AT THE BIG BOARD ALL NIGHT
SPECIAL ELECTION COVERAGE TO STREAM ALL DAY ON NBCNEWS.COM; PLUS, LIVE NATIONAL AND STATE RESULTS, EXIT POLLS AND MORE
Oct. 27, 2020 – NBC News, MSNBC and NBC News Digital will deliver full special coverage and analysis of Election Night 2020 anchored live from NBC News World Headquarters in New York City with more than 100 anchors, correspondents, reporters and contributors bringing viewers the latest from across the country.
NBC NEWS “DECISION 2020” COVERAGE BEGINS AT 7 P.M. ET THROUGH 4 A.M. ET
- Starting at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, Nov. 3, NBC Nightly News anchor Lester Holt, TODAY co-anchor and NBC News chief legal correspondent Savannah Guthrie, Meet the Press moderator and NBC News political director Chuck Todd and NBC News chief foreign affairs correspondent and senior Washington correspondent Andrea Mitchell will anchor rolling coverage from New York through at least 4 a.m. ET, and as long as the race continues to unfold. Kate Snow will join the network’s coverage beginning at 2 a.m. ET.
- A special edition of TODAY will kick off Election Day for NBC News and will feature reports on both presidential candidates’ closing messages live from key battleground states, along with on-the-ground reporting with the latest on election security and voter safety as polls open around the country amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- Plus, after visiting key battleground states leading up to Election Day for Nightly News’ “Across America” series, Lester Holt will anchor a special edition of the network’s flagship newscast with full-team coverage on Tuesday, Nov. 3. Nightly News will feature correspondents in critical battleground states talking to voters about their top priority issues, including the economy, the pandemic and healthcare. Additionally, correspondents will be on Vote Watch monitoring for possible security issues as the day unfolds.
- Just a few days ahead of Election Day, Weekend Nightly News will air live from key battleground states with José Diaz-Balart and Kate Snow anchoring the broadcasts together but from different locations. On Saturday, Oct. 31, Diaz-Balart will anchor from Charlotte, North Carolina while Snow will anchor from Cleveland, Ohio and on Sunday, Nov. 1, Diaz-Balart will anchor from Miami, Florida while Snow will anchor from Beaver County, Pennsylvania.
- Plus, Chuck Todd will anchor a special edition of Meet the Press live from Studio 1A at NBC News World Headquarters in New York on Sunday, Nov. 1. National Review editor and NBC News political analyst Rich Lowry, former U.S. Senator (D-Mo.) and NBC News political analyst Claire McCaskill, Kasie Hunt and Kristen Welker will join the final Sunday panel before Election Day.
MSNBC SPECIAL “DECISION 2020” COVERAGE BEGINS AT 4 P.M. ET AND GOES THROUGH THE NIGHT
- On Tuesday, Nov. 3 MSNBC will have ongoing Election Day coverage as Americans flock to the polls, cast their ballots and votes are counted. The day kicks off with Way Too Early with Kasie Hunt at 5 a.m. ET followed by Morning Joe, co-anchored by Joe Scarborough, Mika Brzezinski and Willie Geist at 6 a.m. ET.
- Coverage continues throughout the day on MSNBC Dayside with Stephanie Ruhle, Hallie Jackson, Craig Melvin, Andrea Mitchell, Chuck Todd, Katy Tur and Ayman Mohyeldin.
- Special election coverage begins at 4 p.m. ET with Nicolle Wallace, followed by Chris Hayes at 5 p.m. ET.
- Starting at 6 p.m. ET, Rachel Maddow and Brian Williams, along with Nicolle Wallace and Joy Reid, will anchor MSNBC’s special “Decision 2020” Election Night coverage throughout the night, live from NBC News World Headquarters in New York.
- NBC News National political correspondent Steve Kornacki will be stationed at the Big Board all night, breaking down the votes and latest state-by-state results.
- Chris Hayes, Lawrence O’Donnell and Ari Melber will also contribute to MSNBC’s special coverage throughout the night
- MSNBC’s special election coverage will continue live into the early morning hours anchored by Katy Tur and Ayman Mohyeldin.
ALL ELECTION CONTENT, LIVE RESULTS AND LIVE STREAM AVAILABLE ON NBCNEWS.COM
- NBC News Digital will deliver an in-depth election experience, including live results, live blog updates, live streaming and comprehensive analysis over the web at NBCNews.com and MSNBC.com, as well as on the NBC News mobile app on iOS and Android and the NBC News apps on connected TVs.
- NBCNews.com will stream election coverage, including dedicated special coverage in the morning with Joe Fryer and Savannah Sellers and coverage throughout the day from Joshua Johnson, Alison Morris, Chuck Todd and dozens more correspondents and experts from NBC News and MSNBC.
- NBCNews.com/Decision2020 will have national and state results pages, a battleground state scoreboard, the latest exit polls across the country and a live blog providing minute-by-minute updates, election results and more.
- The NBC Stay Tuned team will cover the most important moments from the night and will partner with Snapchat to report key election moments, including a highlights Show within Stay Tuned’s channel. Additionally, NBC News and MSNBC Twitter and Facebook accounts will share live election results for presidential and state races.
MORE THAN 100 NBC NEWS AND MSNBC ANCHORS, CORRESPONDENTS, REPORTERS AND CONTRIBUTORS WILL BRING VIEWERS THE LATEST THROUGHOUT THE DAY
More than 100 NBC News anchors, correspondents, reporters, Road Warriors, contributors and embeds will contribute to NBC News, MSNBC and NBC News Digital’s election coverage with dozens dispatched at polling centers, campaign headquarters, and battleground states throughout the country.
- Kristen Welker, Mike Memoli, Ali Vitali and Adam Edelman at the Biden campaign headquarters; Hallie Jackson, Monica Alba and Shannon Pettypiece at the Trump campaign headquarters; Peter Alexander with the latest on President Trump; and Carol Lee from the White House.
- Ellison Barber, Gabe Gutierrez, Alicia Menendez and Kerry Sanders throughout Florida; Shaquille Brewster and Kevin Tibbles in Wisconsin; Vaughn Hillyard and Gadi Schwartz in Arizona; Dasha Burns, Heidi Przybyla and Steve Patterson in Michigan; Chris Jansing, Rehema Ellis, Ali Velshi and Maura Barrett throughout Pennsylvania; Morgan Radford, Leigh Ann Caldwell and Trymaine Lee in North Carolina; Blayne Alexander and Priscilla Thompson in Georgia; Garrett Haake and Morgan Chesky in Texas; Geoff Bennett in Virginia; Kelly O’Donnell and Josh Lederman in Ohio; Jacob Soboroff, Jacob Ward and Jo Ling Kent in California; Erin McLaughlin in Portland, and Cal Perry in Minnesota.
- Cynthia McFadden, Tom Costello, Pete Williams, Ari Melber and Jacob Ward reporting for Vote Watch; Stephanie Ruhle with the latest on the economy; Dr. John Torres with the latest on the coronavirus; Kasie Hunt covering House and Senate races; and Richard Engel with a look at the global impact of election results.
- NBC News Digital reporters and analysts will contribute to the live blog with minute-by-minute updates, election results, reactions from voters in key states and reporting from campaign headquarters, including Alex Seitz-Wald, Sahil Kapur, Jane C. Timm, Allan Smith, Suzy Khimm, Dartunorro Clark, Lauren Egan, Rebecca Shabad, Daniella Silva and David K. Li, and analysis from Jonathan Allen.
- For NBC News Digital, regional reporters Anita Hassan will be in Nevada; Erin Einhorn in Michigan; Deon Hampton in Ohio; Mike Hixenbaugh and Suzanne Gamboa in Texas; Bracey Harris in Mississippi; Tyler Kingkade and Alicia Lozano in Los Angeles; and Carmen Sesin in Florida.
- NBC News and MSNBC contributors and political analysts will join the coverage offering real-time reporting and expert analysis, including former U.S. Senator (D-Mo.) and NBC News and MSNBC political analyst Claire McCaskill, politics editor at The Root and MSNBC political contributor Jason Johnson, former Obama Campaign Manager and NBC News and MSNBC political analyst David Plouffe, former White House Press Secretary and NBC News and MSNBC political analyst Robert Gibbs, host of Politics Nation and president of the National Action Network Rev. Al Sharpton, Voto Latino president and NBC News and MSNBC political analyst María Teresa Kumar, former Clinton Campaign Deputy Director of Hispanic Outreach and MSNBC contributor Paola Ramos, former U.S. Representative and NBC News political analyst Carlos Curbelo (R-Fla.), Republican political consultant and NBC News analyst Mike Murphy, host of The Hugh Hewitt Show and NBC News contributor Hugh Hewitt, editor of the National Review and NBC News political analyst Rich Lowry, Washington Post columnist and NBC News contributor George Will, Washington Post columnist and NBC News political analyst Eugene Robinson, founder and editor-at-large of The Bulwark and MSNBC contributor Charlie Sykes, former U.S. Representative and MSNBC contributor David Jolly, James S. McDonnell Distinguished University Professor at Princeton University and NBC News contributor Eddie Glaude. Plus, surrogates from both the Biden and Trump campaigns will contribute throughout the day’s coverage.
NBC NEWS DECISION DESK TO PROVIDE DATA TO FOUR NATIONAL NEWS NETWORKS – NBC NEWS, MSNBC, CNBC AND TELEMUNDO
- NBC News is part of the National Election Pool (NEP) and the NBC News Decision Desk will project a race when there is 99.5 percent statistical confidence in the result.
- The network will collect a national exit poll in all 50 states and the District of Columbia as well as state-specific exit polls in 24 states with approximately 800 exit poll interviewers. Plus, telephone polls for absentee and mail-in voters nationally and across the same 24 states, up from 13 in 2018. The network will also conduct early in-person interviews in eight states, up from two in 2018. Overall, NBC News will interview more than 100,000 voters in exit polls.
- Throughout the 2020 election season, beginning in January 2019 through Election Day, NBC News will have conducted 39 national and state polls combined.
THE NETWORK’S VOTE WATCH UNIT WILL MONITOR AND REPORT ON ANY VOTING IRREGULARITIES AND ELECTION SECURITY ISSUES
- After launching in 2019, the NBC News Vote Watch Unit doubled in size in 2020 to cover issues related to U.S. election security and voting across all the network’s platforms. Throughout Election Day coverage, the team will closely monitor and report on any issues around voting irregularities and election security.
- The team of more than 24 correspondents and reporters have been focused on reporting on social media misinformation and disinformation, voting machines and technology, election administration, voting procedures, rights and access, voter disenfranchisement and voting rights.
- Plus, the network dedicated two full weeks to covering these issues across its shows and platforms following Labor Day and in the runup to Election Day.
MORE THAN 400 INTERVIEWS CONDUCTED WITH VOTERS ACROSS FIVE KEY COUNTIES AS PART OF THE NETWORK’S YEAR-LONG COUNTY TO COUNTY PROJECT
- Since launching in November 2019, NBC News’ County to County Project has embedded reporters in five key bellwether counties over the last year reporting in these all-important counties to better understand the hyperlocal issues impacting voters across the country.
- The team of reporters has spent a combined 549 days reporting from Milwaukee County, Wisconsin; Kent County, Michigan; Beaver County, Pennsylvania; Miami-Dade County, Florida; and Maricopa County, Arizona and has conducted 400+ interviews with voters across more than 200 segments airing across NBC News, MSNBC and NBC News NOW over the last year.
PLUS, SPECIAL COVERAGE AND REPORTING OF THE 2020 PRESIDENTIAL RACE CONTINUES ACROSS NBC NEWS DIGITAL
NBC News’ “Decision 2020” election hub (NBCNews.com/Decision2020) will have the latest news, analysis, polls and results. Users can visit now to view interactives on voting, polling, early results, user predictive tools and more, including:
- More than 1.5 million people have used the network’s Plan Your Vote interactive tool encourages Americans to plan out when and how they will vote this year, outlining everything voters need to know about casting a ballot in the 2020 presidential election.
- The Swing The Election interactive, in collaboration with the Cook Political Report, allows users to see how changes in turnout and support among different demographic groups could ‘swing’ the 2020 election.
- The NBC News National Polling Average aggregating ten reputable polls daily, all curated by the Decision Desk and Political Unit.
- The Early Vote interactive analyzes and aggregates early-voting both nationally and in available states, sharing how many Americans have requested a ballot, received it and voted early (both in-person and by mail). The Early Vote interactive also includes additional demographic information about these voters, including partisanship, gender and age and lets the user to compare 2020’s numbers to historical 2016 data.
- Road to 270 is an interactive web tool where users can design and map their own road to the presidency and see the latest scenarios from Chuck Todd and Steve Kornacki.
- NBCNews.com will continue to publish Election Confessions, where voters can share their anonymous thoughts about the presidential candidates and the state of the country.
- Users can download the NBC News mobile app and sign up for breaking news alerts to receive information on state and national races or add a widget with the new Apple iOS:
- NBC News will be sending out geo-targeted mobile app alerts to users in every state, keeping them updated on their state results and the presidential race.
- NBC News has created the “Decision 2020” widget for the new iOS, giving users early glimpses at important voting deadlines and information, early voting stats, the latest polls, election results and more.
# # #
For more information, contact:
NBC News Digital
NBC NEWS AND MSNBC
More Americans watch NBC News and MSNBC than any news organization in the world. NBC News’ award-winning television news broadcasts include TODAY, NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, Meet the Press with Chuck Todd and Dateline NBC – all of which closed out 2019 at #1 in the key news demo for the fourth straight year. Additionally, NBC News produces Third Hour of TODAY, TODAY with Hoda and Jenna and Sunday TODAY with Willie Geist, as well as primetime specials and breaking news reports. MSNBC is the premier cable destination for breaking and live news coverage, in-depth analysis, and influential voices – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The rapidly-growing NBC News Digital Group, including its streaming news service NBC News NOW, along with the SiriusXM TODAY Show and MSNBC radio channels and NBC News Radio on the iHeartMedia 24/7 News Network, provides continuous content to consumers wherever they are, whenever they want it.
NBC News and MSNBC are part of the NBCUniversal News Group, a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation. For more information about NBCUniversal, please visit www.NBCUniversal.com.
# # #