NBC NEWS MODERATORS TO BE JOINED ON STAGE BY NOTICIAS TELEMUNDO AND THE NEVADA INDEPENDENT
DEBATE TO AIR AT 9 P.M. ET ON WEDNESDAY, FEB. 19 FROM LAS VEGAS, NEV.
- The debate will air exclusively on NBC News and MSNBC live from Las Vegas, Nev. at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT on Wednesday, Feb. 19.
- The primetime event will be moderated by NBC Nightly News and Dateline NBC anchor Lester Holt, Meet the Press moderator and NBC News political director Chuck Todd, NBC News Chief White House Correspondent and host of MSNBC Live Hallie Jackson, senior correspondent at Noticias Telemundo Vanessa Hauc, and Jon Ralston of The Nevada Independent.
- Vanessa Hauc is an Emmy-winning journalist and senior correspondent for Noticias Telemundo. She also leads the network’s investigative unit on environmental issues and is the director of Noticias Telemundo Planeta Tierra.In addition, she is the co-founder of Sachamama (“Mother Jungle”), a nonprofit organization educating and empowering Latino communities on climate issues and sustainability.
- Jon Ralston is the editor of The Nevada Independentand has been covering politics in Nevada for more than 30 years. He founded the go-to Nevada politics blog, Ralston Reports, in 2012 and has hosted several public affairs programs including Ralston Live on Vegas PBS and Ralston Reports on NBC affiliate KSNV News 3.
- The debate will also stream live on NBC News NOW on OTT devices, NBCNews.com, MSNBC.com, NBC News Mobile App, NBC News and MSNBC’s Facebook pages, and online at The Nevada Independent.
- It will also air live in Spanish on cable channel Universo as well as the Noticias Telemundo mobile app and website, and Noticias Telemundo’s Facebook page.
- The two-hour debate will air live from the Paris Theater at Paris Las Vegas.
- Candidates will have one minute and 15 seconds for answers and 45 seconds for follow-ups at the moderators’ discretion.
- The Democratic National Committee previously announced the qualification criteria; participating candidates will be announced at a later date.
- Viewers can also submit questions for consideration during the debate at NBCNews.com/DebateQuestions until Friday, Feb. 14.
- In the lead up to the debate, NBC News and MSNBC will also air special on-the-ground coverage in Nevada with NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt and MTP Daily with Chuck Todd live from Las Vegas.
- This is the third Democratic presidential primary debate hosted by NBC News and MSNBC this cycle. The first debate in June 2020, held in Miami, Fla., set viewership records as the most-watched Democratic presidential debate in history with 18.1 million viewers and nine million live stream views. In November 2019, MSNBC hosted the fifth presidential debate with the first all-female moderator panel of the cycle with Rachel Maddow, Andrea Mitchell, Kristen Welker and Ashley Parker of the Washington Post.
# # #
For more information, contact:
o: (202) 885-4159
o: (212) 664-2498
NEWS AND MSNBC
More Americans watch NBC News and MSNBC than any news organization in the world. NBC News’ award-winning television news broadcasts include TODAY, NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, Meet the Press with Chuck Todd and Dateline NBC – all of which closed out 2019 at #1 in the key news demo for the fourth straight year. Additionally, NBC News produces Third Hour of TODAY, TODAY with Hoda and Jenna and Sunday TODAY with Willie Geist, as well as primetime specials and breaking news reports. MSNBC is the premier cable destination for breaking and live news coverage, in-depth analysis, and influential voices – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The rapidly-growing NBC News Digital Group, including its streaming news service NBC News NOW, along with the SiriusXM TODAY Show and MSNBC radio channels and NBC News Radio on the iHeartMedia 24/7 News Network, provides continuous content to consumers wherever they are, whenever they want it.
NBC News and MSNBC are part of the NBCUniversal News Group, a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation. For more information about NBCUniversal, please visit www.NBCUniversal.com.