Nightly News Ranks #1 among A25-54 and A18-49 for 74 of Last 75 Weeks
Nightly News Holds Biggest Demo Lead over ABC to Start a Season in Three Years
The NBC News Broadcast Posted Its Largest Total Viewer Advantage Over CBS Since February 2015
NEW YORK (January 4, 2017) – “NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt” ranked #1 in the demo for the week of December 26 , averaging 2.1 million A25-54 viewers, leading “ABC World News Tonight” by +169,000 (9%) and “CBS Evening News” by 651,000 (+44%).
Among A18-49, Nightly News averaged 1.5 million viewers for the feaweek, topping ABC by +118,000 (+9%) and CBS by + 457,000 (+44%). The NBC News broadcast has ranked #1 in A25-54 and A18-49 for 74 of the last 75 weeks.
Nightly News averaged 8.8 million total viewers for the week, leading CBS Evening News by +2.1 million (+32%). The NBC News broadcast posted its widest, non-Olympic margin over CBS since the week of February 2, 2015.
NOTE: Due to the Christmas and New Years holidays, Nightly News and ABC are based on 3-day averages (Tue-Thurs) while CBS is based on a 4-day average (Tue-Fri).
- Nightly News averaged 2.128 million A25-54 viewers, outperforming ABC by +169,000 (+9%) and CBS by +651,000 (+44%).
- Nightly News has ranked #1 in A25-54 and A18-49 for 74 of the past 75 weeks.
- Nightly News averaged 1.501 million A18-49 viewers, topping ABC by +118,000 (+9%) and CBS by +457,000 (+44%).
- Nightly News averaged 8.802 million total viewers for the week, leading CBS Evening News by +2.146 million (+32%).
- Nightly News is having its best A25-54 lead over ABC to start a season in three years (2013-14).
- Versus last season, Nightly News has increased its A25-54 lead over ABC by 38% (+263,000 vs. +190,000 last year).
Week of December 25 – December 30, 2016:
|Total Viewers||A25-54 Rating||A25-54 Viewers||A18-49 Rating||A18-49 Viewers|
# # #