NBC Broadcast Posts Year-to-Year Growth in A25-54 and A18-49 Demos
JULY 28, 2015 – “NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt” has won five straight weeks in total viewers, leading every week since Holt was named anchor. Nightly has now won among total viewers for 10 of the last 13 weeks and 298 of the last 305 weeks.
According to Nielsen Media Research Live+Same Day data for the week of July 20-24, the NBC broadcast posted growth in both A25-54 and A18-49 demos compared to the same week last year.
Week-to-week, Nightly expanded its leads over CBS among total viewers (by 20%), A25-54 (by 15%), and A18-49 (by 10%).
Season-to-date, Nightly is #1 in total viewers, A25-54, and A18-49.
- Nightly averaged 7.657 million total viewers, +217,000 (+3%) more than ABC World News Tonight and +1,593,000 (26%) ahead of CBS Evening News.
- Nightly has now won five straight weeks among total viewers, its best showing since the weeks of 2/23-3/23/2015.
- Nightly averaged 1.841 million A25-54 viewers, leading CBS by +497,000 (+37%).
- Nightly delivered a 1.5 A25-54 rating, +4 tenths more than CBS.
- Nightly averaged 1.310 million A18-49 viewers, leading CBS by +357,000 (+37%).
- Nightly delivered a 1.0 A18-49 rating, tied with ABC and +2 tenths more than CBS.
- Nightly is averaging 8.734 million total viewers, outperforming ABC by +352,000 (+4%) and CBS by +24% (1.666 million).
- Nightly is averaging 2.075 million A25-54 viewers this season, leading ABC by +6,000 and CBS by +428,000 (+26%).
- Nightly is averaging 1.489 million A18-49 viewers this season, leading ABC by +87,000 (+6%) and CBS by +370,000 (+33%).
WEEK OF JULY 20-24, 2015
|Total Viewers||A25-54 Rating||A25-54 Viewers||A18-49 Ratings||A18-49 Viewers|
# # #