TODAY Has Won 6 out of 13 Weeks in the Key Demo A25-54 for the Year
TODAY Posts Its Biggest Key Demo Win Since Sochi and Tightest Total Viewer Gap in 7 Months
TODAY Topped GMA by a Giant 299k in the Key Demo Thursday, Its Biggest Win Since 9/5/2014
TODAY Won Last Wednesday in Total Viewers, Marking Its 3rd Daily Total Viewer Win this Year
TODAY Cut the Key Demo Gap with GMA by a Massive 92% this Quarter Vs. the Same Period Last Year
TODAY Continues as the #1 Morning News Show in A18-49
NEW YORK – July 23, 2015 – NBC’s TODAY was once again the number-one morning show last week in the key demo A25-54, beating Good Morning America for six out of the last 13 weeks (and five out of ten). Last Thursday, TODAY bead GMA by a whopping 299k, its biggest daily key demo win since 9/5/14. TODAY also won in total viewers last Wednesday, marking its 3rd daily total viewer win this year.
For the quarter, TODAY has cut the key demo gap with GMA by a giant 92% vs. the same period last year. TODAY has also cut the total viewer gap with GMA week to week, season to date and versus the same week last year. TODAY remains the number-one morning news program in A18-49 for the season and year.
WEEK OF July 13
- TODAY posts biggest A25-54 win since the Sochi Olympics
- In the key demo, TODAY has won 5 of the last 10 weeks and 6 of the last 13 weeks
- Closest P2+ gap since week of 12/22/2014 (Christmas Week); closest non-holiday P2+ gap since Sochi
TODAY averaged 4.168 million total viewers, leading CBS This Morning by +30% (+962,000)
- TODAY posted its closest total viewer gap with GMA since the week of 12/22/2014 (Christmas Week). Excluding holiday weeks, it was TODAY’s closest margin with GMA since the Sochi Olympics
- TODAY posted a total viewer win on Wednesday morning, topping GMA by +10,000 viewers. It was TODAY’s 3rd daily win in 2015.
TODAY averaged 1.597 million A25-54 viewers, +7% (+102,000) over GMA and +67% (+640,000) more than CBS
- This was TODAY’s biggest demo win over GMA since the Sochi Olympics (week of 2/17/2014)
- Thursday’s victory (+299,000 over GMA) was TODAY’s biggest single-day winning gap since Friday, 9/5/2014
- TODAY has been #1 in 5 of the last 10 weeks and 6 of the last 13 weeks among A25-54 viewers
- Year-to-date, TODAY has more weekly A25-54 wins (6) than in full calendar 2014
- TODAY’s 1.34 A25-54 rating was +0.09 higher than GMA and +0.54 better than CBS
TODAY averaged 1.192 million A18-49 viewers, outperforming GMA by +15% (+154,000) and CBS by +70% (+490,000)
- TODAY saw its biggest A18-49 win over GMA since the week of 5/18/2015
- TODAY delivered a 0.94 A18-49 rating, +0.12 more than GMA and +0.39 higher than CBS
TODAY also lowered GMA’s leads in total viewers:
- Week-to-week and versus the 3Q’15 average by 53%
- Versus the same week last season by 57%
- Compared to the 2014-15 STD average by 59%
TODAY posted across-the-board gains versus the prior week in total viewers (+3%, or +116,000), A18-49 viewers (+11%, or +122,000), and A25-54 viewers (+6%, +97,000) while GMA declined in all measures
- TODAY was also up versus 3Q’15 levels in total viewers (+2%, or +65,000), A18-49 viewers (+9%, or +98,000) and A25-54 viewers (+7%, or +98,000)
In the first three weeks of 3rd quarter 2015, TODAY has narrowed GMA’s leads in total viewers (by 23%) and A25-54 viewers (by 92%) compared to the same period in 3Q’14
TODAY is the #1 morning news program this season among A18-49 viewers
|CBS THIS MORNIING||2.34||10||3,206||0.80||957|
|GOOD MORNING AMERICA||3.30||14||4,398||1.25||1,495|
For the 13th straight month, Today.com reached more consumers than GMA on Yahoo. Almost 30 million unique visitors turned to Today.com in June for exclusive interviews and the latest lifestyle, parenting and entertainment news, according to recent data from comScore. For 21 consecutive months (28 out of the last 29), Today.com has reached more mobile consumers than GMA on Yahoo.
Additionally, Today.com’s mobile unique visitors have grown +62% over the last 12 months while GMA on Yahoo has declined -5% for the same period. As such, Today.com has gone from parity in mobile unique visitors in September 2013 to nearly 2.5x GMA on Yahoo’s mobile visitor number in June 2015
NBC’s TODAY is the news program that informs, entertains, inspires and sets the agenda each morning for Americans. Airing live from 7 am to 11 am ET, TODAY reaches more than 5 million people every day through its broadcast, and millions more through TODAY.com, the TODAY app, and social media platforms. Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Al Roker, Natalie Morales, Willie Geist, Tamron Hall, Carson Daly, Hoda Kotb, and Kathie Lee Gifford are the anchors and hosts, Noah Oppenheim is the SVP and Executive in Charge, and Don Nash is the executive producer.
For more information contact:
Megan Kopf Stackhouse