NIGHTLY IS THE ONLY EVENING NEWSCAST IN 8 YEARS TO DELIVER OVER 10 MILLION VIEWERS FOR A WEEKLY AVERAGE
FEBRUARY 10, 2015 — NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams was #1 in total viewers and all key demos for the week ending February 6, 2015.
- Nightly averaged 10.177 million total viewers, outperforming ABC World News Tonight by +8% (+717,000) and CBS Evening News by +30% (+2.324 million)
- Nightly had its biggest total viewer delivery and widest advantage over ABC in four weeks, while also posting its biggest lead over CBS since Thanksgiving week (w/o 11/24/2014)
- Nightly averaged over 10 million viewers on four evenings last week and is the only newscast in the last eight years to post a weekly average over 10 million viewers (3x already this season-to-date)
- Nightly has been the #1 evening newscast in total viewers for 281 consecutive weeks (since w/o 9/14/2009) and 328 of the last 329 weeks
- Nightly averaged 2.535 million A25-54 viewers, +8% (+189,000) higher than ABC and +40% (+720,000) more than CBS
- Nightly had its 3rd biggest demo delivery this season and its biggest demo viewer win over CBS since the Sochi Olympics (since the week of 2/17/2014).
- Nightly won 4 evenings among A25-54 viewers and has topped ABC by at least 100,000 demo viewers for 3 consecutive weeks
- Nightly has been #1 among A25-54 viewers for 5 consecutive weeks, 9 of the last 10 weeks, and 11 of the last 14 weeks
- Nightly delivered a 2.1 A25-54 rating, leading ABC by +1 tenth and CBS by +6 tenths.
- Nightly averaged 1.826 million A25-54 viewers, beating ABC by +18% (+273,000) and CBS by +56% (+658,000)
- Nightly’s 1.4 A18-49 rating led ABC by +2 tenths and CBS by +5 tenths.
- Week-to-week, Nightly increased it total viewer audience by +3% and widened its advantage over ABC by 77% and versus CBS by 23%
- Nightly posted across-the-board growth over 1Q’15 levels, increasing in total viewers (+3%, or +315,000), A18-49 viewers (+5%, or +84,000), and A25-54 viewers (+5%, or +112,000)
- Versus ABC, Nightly increased its lead in total viewers (by 51%), A18-49 viewers (by 41%) and A25-54 viewers (by 35%)
- Versus CBS, Nightly widened its lead in total viewers (by 25%), A18-49 viewers (by 36%), and A25-54 viewers (by 45%)
- Nightly also increased its deliveries versus its season-to-date average in total viewers (+9%, or +878,000), A18-49 viewers (+14%, or +227,000), and A25-54 viewers (+15%, or +338,000)
- Increased leads versus ABC by 21% in total viewers, 91% among A18-49 viewers, and 530% among A25-54 viewers
- Increased leads versus CBS by 51% in total viewers, 59% among A18-49 viewers, and 66% among A25-54 viewers
- Nightly is the #1 evening newscast this season in total viewers and all key demographics
- Nightly is averaging 9.346 million total viewers this season, leading ABC by +597,000 (+7%) and CBS by +2.028 million (+28%)
- Nightly is averaging 2.215 million A25-54 viewers, +38,000 (+2%) more than ABC and +450,000 (+25%) more than CBS
- Nightly’s 1.611 million A18-49 viewers this season leads ABC by +150,000 (+10%) and CBS by +427,000 (+36%)
NOTE: Year-ago comparisons are against the first week of the Sochi Olympics.
# # #