Nightly is the #1 Evening Newscast this Season Across All Key Demographics
NBC Broadcast is Posting Best Start to a Season in Nine Years
January 21, 2015– “NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams” was America’s #1 newscast in total viewers and all key demos for the week of January 12-16, 2015, according to Nielsen Media Research data.
Nightly has now been #1 among viewers A25-54 in 6 of the past 7 weeks and 8 of the last 11 weeks, and is leading ABC’s “World News Tonight” by +12,000 viewers A25-54 season-to-date.
Versus the first two weeks of 1Q’15, Nightly continues to grow its audience across-the-board increasing among total viewers (+4%), A18-49 viewers (+5%), and A25-54 viewers (+6%).
The NBC broadcast is posting +1% growth in total viewers versus the previous year and delivering its best start to a season since 2005. Nightly has now been the #1 evening newscast in total viewers for 278 consecutive weeks.
- Nightly delivered 9.662 million total viewers, leading ABC by +350,000 and CBS by +1.837 million.
- Among A25-54(000), Nightly averaged 2.321 million viewers, topping ABC by +98,000 and CBS by +506,000.
- Among A18-49(000),, Nightly averaged 1.680 million viewers, topping ABC by +224,000 and CBS by +543,000.
- Nightly averaged a 1.94 A25-54 rating, and led both ABC (+0.08) and CBS (+0.42)
- Nightly delivered a 1.32 A18-49 rating, outperforming both ABC (+0.17) and CBS (+0.42)
WEEK OF JANUARY 12-16, 2015
|Total Viewers||A25-54 Rating||A25-54 Viewers||A18-49 Ratings||A18-49 Viewers|
# # #
For more information contact:
o: (212) 664-3230
c: (917) 628-8943
# # #
NBC NIGHTLY NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS
“NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams” is America’s most-watched evening newscast, going beyond the day’s headlines to uncover stories of how people’s lives are affected by the world around them. “NBC Nightly News” reaches over 24 million people every week through its broadcast and millions more through NBCNews.com, the “Nightly News” app, and social media platforms. Brian Williams is the anchor and managing editor and Patrick Burkey is the executive producer.
# # #