NBC Broadcast is #1 Among Viewers A25-54 for 3rd Straight Week and 5th Time in 7 Weeks
Nightly Marks 275th Consecutive Week at #1 with Biggest Total Viewer Advantage over ABC in 4 Months
Nightly is Posting its Best Start to a Season in 9 Years
DECEMBER 23, 2014 – “NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams” was America’s #1 newscast in total viewers and all key demos for the week of December 15-19, 2014, according to Nielsen Media Research data. The NBC broadcast has now been #1 among demo viewers A25-54 for 3 straight weeks and in 5 of the past 7 weeks.
Nightly delivered its biggest total viewer win over ABC in four months, widening its lead by 24% week-to-week and by 41% over 4Q’14/STD levels. Versus the quarter average, Nightly was the only evening newscast to see across-the-board gains in total viewers (+3%), A18-49 viewers (+4%), and A25-54 viewers (+2%)
Versus the same week last season, Nightly posted a +2% (+149,000) gain in total viewers. Season-to-date, Nightly has grown its total viewer audience by +2% (+143,000) versus the same period last year and is having its best start to a season in 9 years (since the 2005-06 season).
- Nightly averaged 9.360 million total viewers, leading ABC World News Tonight by +10% (+840,000) and CBS Evening News by 28% (+2.027 million).
- This represents Nightly’s biggest total viewer advantage over ABC in four months (since the week of 8/18/2014).
- In total viewers, the NBC broadcast outperformed ABC by at least 500,000 viewers and CBS by at least 2 million viewers for the 8th straight week.
- Nightly has been #1 in total viewers for 275 consecutive weeks and in 322 of the last 323 weeks.
- Nightly averaged 1.606 million A18-49 viewers, topping ABC by +12% (+176,000) and CBS by +45% (+500,000).
- Nightly averaged 2.150 million A25-54 viewers, +2% (+34,000) ahead of ABC and +29% (+478,000) more than CBS.
- Nightly averaged a 1.8 A25-54 rating, tied with ABC and topping CBS by +4 tenths.
- Nightly has posted at least a tie for #1 in rating A25-454 in 8 of the last 11 weeks.
- Nightly delivered a 1.3 A18-49 rating, topping ABC by +2 tenths and CBS by +4 tenths.
WEEK OF DECEMBER 15-19, 2014
|Total Viewers||A25-54 Rating||A25-54 Viewers||A18-49 Rating||A18-49 Viewers|
# # #
NBC NIGHTLY NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS
“NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams” is America’s most-watched evening newscast, going beyond the day’s headlines to uncover stories of how people’s lives are affected by the world around them. “NBC Nightly News” reaches nearly 10 million people every day through its broadcast and millions more through NBCNews.com, the “Nightly News” app, and social media platforms. Brian Williams is the anchor and managing editor and Patrick Burkey is the executive producer.
# # #