Nightly is #1 Across the Board; Posts Biggest Total Viewer and Demo Audiences Since Sochi Olympics
NBC Broadcast is Delivering Best Start to a Season Since 2005
NOVEMBER 25, 2014 – “NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams” was America’s #1 newscast in total viewers and all key 25-54 and 18-49 year old demos for the week of November 17-21, 2014, according to Nielsen Media Research data.
Nightly drew its largest audiences in both total viewers and the key demo since the second week of the Sochi Olympics (week of 2/17/2014). Nightly also delivered its biggest A25-54 viewer advantage over ABC since the week of 7/28/2014 and biggest lead over CBS since the week of 6/23/2014.
- Versus the prior week, Nightly posted growth among total viewers (+2%, or +151,000), A25-54 viewers (+8%, or +181,000), and A18-49 viewers (+9%, or +149,000).
- Compared to the same week last season, Nightly posted growth among total viewers (+5%, or +455,000), A25-54 (+7%, or +170,000), and A18-49 viewers (+6%, or +107,000).
- Season-to-date, Nightly is averaging 8.869 million total viewers, an increase of +2% versus the same period last year and Nightly’s best start to a season since 2005.
- Among the network newscasts, Nightly delivered the most growth versus 4Q’14/STD levels in total viewers (+12%, or +1.035 million), A25-54 viewers (+21%, or +423,000), and A18-49 viewers (+21%, or +310,000).
- Nightly delivered 9.789 million total viewers, leading ABC World News Tonight by +542,000 and CBS Evening News by +2.174 million.
- Nightly averaged 10.606 million viewers on Monday followed by 10.580 million on Tuesday for its biggest single-day deliveries since 3/3/2014.
- Nightly has been #1 in total viewers for 271 consecutive weeks.
- Nightly averaged 1.781 million A18-49 viewers, topping ABC by +147,000 and CBS by +523,000.
- Nightly averaged 2.451 million A25-54 viewers, topping ABC by +30,000 and CBS by +546,000.
- This marks Nightly’s biggest A25-54 viewer gap vs. ABC since the week of 7/28/2014 and biggest lead over CBS since the week of 6/23/2014.
- Nightly averaged a 2.1 A25-54 rating, +1 tenth over ABC and +5 tenths ahead of CBS.
- This marks Nightly’s biggest A18-49 viewer audience since the week of 3/24/2014 as well as biggest win over ABC since the week of 9/22/2014 and versus CBS since the week of 3/10/2014.
- Nightly delivered a 1.4 A18-49 rating, topping ABC by +1 tenth and CBS by +4 tenths.
WEEK OF NOVEMBER 17-21, 2014
|Total Viewers||A25-54 Rating||A25-54 Viewers||A18-49 Rating||A18-49 Viewers|
NOTE: Due to erroneous data processing by Nielsen, broadcast and syndicated data (for all shows and demos) from March-October 2014 was coded erroneously. Data from 3/2/14 through 3/23/14 and from 8/18/14 through 10/6/14 has already been reprocessed, corrected and released. Data for the dates 3/24/14-8/17/14 will be reissued over the next several weeks. Some milestone points above reference data within the range that is still based on incorrect data.
# # #
NBC NIGHTLY NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS
“NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams” is America’s most-watched evening newscast, going beyond the day’s headlines to uncover stories of how people’s lives are affected by the world around them. “NBC Nightly News” reaches nearly 10 million people every day through its broadcast and millions more through NBCNews.com, the “Nightly News” app, and social media platforms. Brian Williams is the anchor and managing editor and Patrick Burkey is the executive producer.
# # #