NBC News continues to see year-over-year growth in unique visitors, video views and hours watched
March 17, 2021 — NBC News (NBC News, TODAY, MSNBC) had its best February ever, growing its video views by +20% year-over-year and hours watched by more than +62% year-over-year.
NBC News NOW had its third best month ever, with hours-viewed up nearly 800% year-over-year. Viewers watched NBC News NOW on-net for an average of 41 minutes at a time.
According to comScore, NBC News reached 123 million unique visitors in February, up +4% year-over-year. TODAY had its third best month on record with 56M unique visitors, up +32% year-over-year.
- More than 90% of NBC News Stay Tuned viewers are under the age of 35.
- MSNBC.com saw more than 220M video views across platforms.
- TODAY reached its third largest audience ever with 56M unique visitors.
- TODAY All Day had its fifth record month in a row.
- NBCNews.com reached more than 100M unique visitors for its fifth straight month, according to Adobe Analytics.
- NBC News Digital saw more than 100M visits from social platforms.
- The NBC News mobile app grew its audience +30% year-over-year (1.5M unique visitors).
- Comcast NBCUniversal’s Plan Your Vaccine site created by NBCNews.com has reached 3.5M unique visitors from all fifty states and 5.5M page views.
Sources: Comscore Media Metrix, February 2021, U.S. desktop internet population 2+ and mobile internet population 13+ years old; Adobe Analytics and Partner Portals, February 2021
For more information, contact:
NBC News Digital
About NBCUniversal News Group:
More Americans watch NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC than any news organization in the world. NBC News’ leading and award-winning television news broadcasts include TODAY, NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, Meet the Press with Chuck Todd and Dateline NBC. MSNBC is the #2 network across all of cable and the premiere destination for breaking news, award-winning content, in-depth analysis and informed perspectives. CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage, business and general news content, and primetime reality programming, consumed by more than 557 million people per month across all platforms. The rapidly-growing NBC News Digital Group – including its streaming news services NBC News NOW and TODAY All Day – and the network’s award-winning original podcast and audio unit provide continuous content to consumers wherever they are, whenever they want it.
NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC are part of the NBCUniversal News Group, a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation. For more information about NBCUniversal, please visit www.NBCUniversal.com.