Tops GMA in Total Viewers and the Key Demo for the Week
Wins A25-54 for last 269 out of 271 Weeks, Posting Biggest Demo Lead Over GMA Since November
Grows in Key Demo and Total Viewers Week Over Week
NEW YORK – March 9, 2021 – TODAY was the number-one morning show outright last week, topping “Good Morning America” in total viewers and A25-54. TODAY has now won 269 out of 271 weeks in the key demo. TODAY posted its biggest advantage in the key demo versus GMA since November (week of 11/23/2020), growing its demo lead both week over week and year over year. TODAY also grew in total viewers and key demo versus the prior week. Additionally, TODAY Digital reached 13.8M unique visitors (+35% yoy) and 35M video starts (+28% yoy) last week.
For six years in a row, TODAY has been the winner in the key demo at this point in the season.
TODAY averaged 1.045 million A25-54 viewers, leading GMA by +166,000 (+19%) and CBS This Morning by +437,000 (+72%)
- TODAY has now ranked #1 in the key demo for 80 consecutive weeks and 269 of the last 271 weeks
- This was TODAY’s biggest A25-54 audience and widest advantage over GMA since the week of 11/23/2020 (Thanksgiving Week)
- Compared to the same week last year, TODAY’s lead over GMA improved by 48% (+166,000 vs. +112,000 last year).
- TODAY added +11,000 A25-54 viewers week-over-week (+1%) and increased its lead over GMA by 8% (+166,000 vs. +153,000 prior week).
TODAY averaged 756,000 A18-49 viewers, topping GMA by +163,000 (+27%) and CBS by +309,000 (+69%)
- TODAY posted its best A18-49 delivery and widest lead over GMA since the week of Thanksgiving, 11/23/2020
- Week-over-week, TODAY’s A18-49 delivery was up by +21,000 viewers (+3%) while its lead over GMA improved by 16% (+163,000 vs. +140,000 prior week).
TODAY averaged 3.443 million total viewers, +7,000 (+0.2%) higher than GMA and +671,000 (+24%) more than CBS This Morning
- This was TODAY’s first #1 rank among total viewers in 14 weeks, since the week of 11/23/2020 (Thanksgiving)
- TODAY won two mornings during the week, beating GMA by +31,000 on Tuesday and +180,000 on Friday
- Week-over-week, TODAY’s total viewer audience increased by +44,000 (+1%).
2020-21 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/21/2020-3/7/2021)
TODAY has been #1 in A25-54 at this point of the season for six consecutive years and A18-49 for eight straight years
TODAY’s A25-54 advantage over GMA (+94,000) is 4% better than the same point last season
TODAY’s A18-49 lead over GMA (+114,000) is 3% higher than prior year and its best advantage in three seasons
# # #