Tops GMA Again in A25-54
AND – Increases Lead in Most-Coveted Demo over GMA Year-Over-Year
PLUS – TODAY Delivers Highest Total Viewership in 11 Weeks
NEW YORK – Oct. 13, 2020 – NBC News’ TODAY once again beat ABC’s “Good Morning America” (GMA) in the all-important key demo. This marks 59 straight weeks and 248 out of the past 250 weeks that TODAY has been first in A25-54. TODAY also improved its lead over GMA in the demo most-coveted by news advertisers year-over-year.
Additionally, TODAY had its best total viewer delivery in 11 weeks.
WEEK OF OCTOBER 5 – 11, 2020
TODAY averaged 1.011 million A25-54 viewers, topping GMA by +76,000 (+8%) and CBS This Morning by +391,000 (+63%)
- TODAY has now ranked #1 in A25-54 for 59 consecutive weeks (includes one tie) and 248 of the last 250 weeks
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY’s A25-54 advantage over GMA rose by 17%
TODAY averaged 733,000 A18-49 viewers, +115,000 (+19%) more than GMA and +321,000 (+78%) higher than CBS
- TODAY has ranked #1 in A18-49 for 55 consecutive weeks and 117 the last 119 weeks
- TODAY widened its A18-49 lead over GMA by 49% versus the same week last season
TODAY averaged 3.308 million total viewers, leading CBS This Morning by +669,000 (+26%)
- TODAY posted its highest total viewer audience since the week of 7/20/2020, an 11-week high
- Week-over-week, TODAY increased by +54,000 total viewers (a +2% gain)
2020-21 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/21/2020-10/11/2020)
TODAY ranks #1 among both A25-54 and A18-49 viewers season-to-date
TODAY’s A18-49 lead over GMA (+104,000) is 41% higher than the same period last season
Ratings now reflect the addition of Out of Home (OOH) viewership that Nielsen Media Research began measuring on Aug. 31 across only 44 markets.
# # #